Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro 8.2 Released  (Read 23712 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Capture One Pro 8.2 Released
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2015, 09:29:56 am »

Not very impressed with the lack of Phaseone acknowledgement/feedback on the issue on this forum.  ???

D,

Phase One has a large support team, in addition to a network of value added partners.

This forum is not set up for the type of tracking/reporting required for proper technical support of a large user base.

If you have a bug to report you should do so to your Phase One Partner (if that is where you purchased C1), or to support.phaseone.com where a proper record is made and every single message is logged and responded to. You'll get a reply to your support case within 24 hours, often much faster.

David and I both spend considerable time, when available, on this forum, and try to point people in the right direction on technical issues. Both of us are C1 experts, but neither of us are members of the software support team - that's a full time job (which P1 employees a large team of) who spend all day, every day, testing various versions and combinations of software, researching and replying to support cases, and keeping in close communication with the software dev team on the list of known and suspected bugs. They are in a much, much better position to help confirm bugs (and direct fixes to the software dev team) or provide known workarounds or fixes. As one small, but obvious, example - we are Mac only and don't even have a PC in our office so I can't easily verify a bug that only manifests in Windows; whereas the support team has a large room full of various Windows machines of different configurations and a large closet full of various components in case an issue relates to a specific graphics card, processor, or something like that.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:35:10 am by Doug Peterson »

Dinarius

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2015, 11:28:13 am »

Malcolm, Doug,

Thanks for the replies.

The Color Editor issue doesn't seem to be re-occurring after the re-install, only the disappearing RGB readouts.

I have already raised a formal ticket with Phaseone support. I received a reply asking for a "recording". In truth, I didn't even know what that was. I since discovered that I would have to install a piece of software and record the actions of the fault.

a. I hate installing anything unnecessary on any of my computers.
b. It would probably cost me.
c. The fault is about as straightforward as could be in terms of its repeatability (it may be incredibly complicated "under the hood", so to speak, but that's their problem) - you can either see the RGB readouts disappearing after using the Spot Removal tool, or you can't, period.

After I wrote back and said I couldn't provide a recording, I heard nothing more from them. That's a four days ago, I think.

Let me be clear, this is the best processing software I have ever used - when it works.

I live in hope.

Thanks again.

D.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:30:37 am by Dinarius »

Jack Varney

• http://
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2015, 10:14:16 pm »

Regarding the RGB readouts, I have submitted a case to Phase One this evening.
Jack Varney

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2015, 05:27:27 am »

Regarding the RGB readouts, I have submitted a case to Phase One this evening.

I've also submitted a support case to PhaseOne.
I've also added a small video (attached here as well) to illustrate the issue.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Jack Varney

• http://
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 11:19:02 am »

Regarding the RGB readout issue. Phase One has responded to my case today. The problem known and will be fixed on the next release.
Jack Varney

Dinarius

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2015, 11:43:37 am »

Jack,

Many thanks for that.

Adobe Camera RAW for a while then.  :(

D.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2015, 01:13:16 pm »

Regarding the RGB readout issue. Phase One has responded to my case today. The problem known and will be fixed on the next release.

Same with me. This afternoon the reaction was:
This is a known issue and we are currently seeking a fix for this bug in the next iteration of Capture One 8.

Cheers,
Bart

Dinarius

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2015, 08:03:18 am »

Try this.......

Make a selection of edits to an image - doesn't matter what.

Now, make a selection of Spot Removal edits - make a few Dust and Spot selections.

Now, (top right of screen) Copy Adjustments from Primary Variant, or right-click on thumbnail and choose Copy Adjustments.

Apply the adjustments to another image.

Do all the Dust/Spot selections copy across? They don't for me - only Dust, not Spot.

If I try to Copy/Apply locally via the Spot Removal tool, I note that Spot is not selected.

Is that something I should have selected in Preferences or some such?

Also, even if I tick Spot in the Spot Removal Tool and now Copy/Apply, it still doesn't copy properly to another image.

I fully accept this could be me!  :)

Thanks.

D.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2015, 08:33:36 am »

Try this.......

Make a selection of edits to an image - doesn't matter what.

Now, make a selection of Spot Removal edits - make a few Dust and Spot selections.

Now, (top right of screen) Copy Adjustments from Primary Variant, or right-click on thumbnail and choose Copy Adjustments.

Apply the adjustments to another image.

Do all the Dust/Spot selections copy across? They don't for me - only Dust, not Spot.

If I try to Copy/Apply locally via the Spot Removal tool, I note that Spot is not selected.

Is that something I should have selected in Preferences or some such?

Also, even if I tick Spot in the Spot Removal Tool and now Copy/Apply, it still doesn't copy properly to another image.

I fully accept this could be me!  :)

Thanks.

D.

Hi,

Since there is an (by now acknowledged) issue (on Windows) with Spot removal, I do not think it too useful to spend time and investigate anything further related to that bugged feature. It may help Phase One though, to report it to them through the appropriate channels and raise a support case. That will allow them to combine it with their Spot bug resolution testing procedure, or maybe it is something else they need to address. If they don't know it, they won't fix it.

Cheers,
Bart

Dinarius

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2015, 08:40:36 am »

Hi,

Since there is an (by now acknowledged) issue (on Windows) with Spot removal, I do not think it too useful to spend time and investigate anything further related to that bugged feature. It may help Phase One though, to report it to them through the appropriate channels and raise a support case. That will allow them to combine it with their Spot bug resolution testing procedure, or maybe it is something else they need to address. If they don't know it, they won't fix it.

Cheers,
Bart

Hi,

If it's a different bug, in that it won't be fixed by addressing the existing problem (disappearing RGB readouts), then it has to be reported - assuming it is a bug, as I wrote above, it could well be me.

So, if it is an additional flaw in the Spot Removal Tool, then yes it should be reported.

When I reported the RGB issue to PhaseOne, they asked for a recording, which I said I wasn't in a position to provide. I haven't heard from them since, so I think I'll hold off opening another case.

Hopefully, fixing the RGB issue will also fix this Copy/Apply issue if, indeed, it is an issue.

D.

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2015, 10:07:54 am »

It seems to work OK here.

After copying the adjustments from the primary variant, you need to open the adjustments clipboard and ensure both the Dust and Spot checkboxes (in the Details subsection) are ticked before applying the adjustments; the Spot checkbox is not ticked by default, unless you have previously saved the required adjustments as a user style. Both dust and spot selections should then copy across as expected.

Copying the selections via the 'copy selections to adjustment clipboard' double-headed arrow in the Spot Removal tool also works; if you do a plain left click rather than the alt-click or shift-click shortcuts, you get a dialog box which enables you to check or uncheck both dust and spot adjustments before applying the selections to the new image.

If that doesn't work for you, it may be one of those intermittent bugs which are not reliably repeatable, in which case you need to raise a further ticket with Phase One so that they're fully aware of the issue.

Cheers,

Malcolm

Dinarius

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2015, 11:25:32 am »

Cheers Malcolm,

You're right.  ;)

Like I said above, it might be me!

I had in fact saved a User Preset in Adjustments with Spot removal ticked. But, after I reinstalled last week to see if the RGB readout issue would go away, I forgot to recreate that User Preset.

Sorted now.

Thanks.

D.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2015, 12:33:12 pm »

Sorted now.

Good that it was. I do prefer to tackle dust issues on multiple images with an LCC correction though, because you can always miss a spot in one image and copy that uncorrected position to other files where they can now be noticed because the background makes them easier to 'spot' (pun intended).

Of course an even better method is to try and use a clean sensor, but that may not always be possible. That's why I try to shoot an LCC if things get important enough and a lot of shots are involved. One can (usually) even do it after the shoot (when things are less hectic), when the dust is sticky and doesn't move around on the sensor between shots.

Cheers,
Bart
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up