Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canson Baryta on 9890  (Read 1274 times)

rogan

Canson Baryta on 9890
« on: March 23, 2015, 10:01:54 pm »

Has anyone else had luck with this combo? Canson's site says to choose Premium Luster as the print setting. Having come from Ilford silk this seams weird to me? Test print feels weirdly yellow and desaturated? Just wanted to ask before going on....thanks in advance

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Canson Baryta on 9890
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 10:11:31 pm »

If they say to use Premium Luster that means it is the Epson paper against which they have keyed their profile and in principle is therefore the setting you should use. But if the result looks considerably worse than you were getting with Ilford Gold Fibre Silk using the Ilford profile in the same printer, try using the Ilford profile with the Canson paper. The two papers are for all intents and purposes the same. If the results look much better you will know the Canson profile is not very good.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 10:49:50 pm »

I have used a custom Ilford GFS profile and a profile downloaded from the Ilford site before they went under on the Canson paper, and both are better than the Canson's profile for the paper on my 7900. I don't recall exactly what I thought was wrong with the Canson profile, but I don't use it. There's an old thread somewhere on LL in which a profile was created for GFS and CBP, and the profiles were identical within an insignificant amount, basically showing the papers are identical from a profiling point of view. I hope that helps.  
- Dean

hugowolf

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 09:28:50 pm »

Yep, I use it with an Epson 9890. Premium Lustre is the media setting I use, but you still have to use the 9890 Baryta Photographique profile supplied by Canson, unless you have you have your own custom profile.

If you let the driver manage color just using Epson Lustre, it is bound to come out somewhat yellow, the lustre is a much bluer paper.

Brian A

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 10:25:15 pm »

........ but you still have to use the 9890 Baryta Photographique profile supplied by Canson,

Brian A

No you don't. You can use the Ilford Gold Fibre Silk Profile with Canson Baryta Photographique and it should work very well, provided it works well on the Ilford paper.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

rogan

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 11:03:36 am »

Thanks for all the feedback....I just went to Ilford's website. Site still work but profiles won't download. Any chance someone could mail me one at
adwciladws at gmail
thanks

Larry451

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 02:00:40 pm »

I just used ilford.ca  and got the icc profile for my 7890/9890. 

should work for you also
regards
Larry.

hugowolf

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 10:32:56 pm »

No you don't. You can use the Ilford Gold Fibre Silk Profile with Canson Baryta Photographique and it should work very well, provided it works well on the Ilford paper.

Sorry, I didn't mean you have to use the Canson profile, just a profile. There were some earlier problems with the Canson Baryta profile running OS X, but I have never had a problem under Windows.

That said, I have never had a problem with the Cason profile for the 9890, although I do now use a custom profile.

Brian A
Pages: [1]   Go Up