Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hawaiian Abstracts  (Read 578 times)

James Clark

Hawaiian Abstracts
« on: March 23, 2015, 11:57:28 am »

As I mentioned over here, I took a relatively quick trip to Maui for a quick vacation a couple of weeks back.  It wasn't a photography trip, exactly, but I made sure to schedule in a just a bit of time to shoot since I was in a great location :)

As it happened, when I unpacked I found that a screw had come loose from my tripod, leaving one leg unstable under even the slightest force (like water moving around it etc.).  I managed to get a couple of shots (like the one linked) that look ok at web resolution, but the sharpness just isn't there at any usable size.  Luckily I realized this while I was "on location" so I decide to switch things up a little and do a little impressionistic/abstract work.

First image is the base location.  2nd, 3rd and fourth are some vertical pans, using a wave crest as the point of focus, and have to say that I'm very happy with the result.  Hope y'all like them :)

Cartagenaphoto

• David Cartagena
Re: Hawaiian Abstracts
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:12:29 pm »

Hi James.

I really like No. 3 donĀ“t know exactly why, but the shapes/colors and the contrast in the photo speaks to me.

Greetings

David

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 05:15:48 am »

Nice series, they work well.

James Clark

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 04:39:27 pm »

Thank you :)

David, I like 3 as well - To me, I like the dark/light contrast - it's a bit more dramatic than the other two.

Cartagenaphoto

• David Cartagena
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 04:44:01 pm »

Hi James.

Yes the word more dramatic than the others. Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up