Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: where to find icc profiles for epson photo glossy, luster, velvet,enhanced matte  (Read 3525 times)

Praki

I have a macbook pro running mavericks. The epson 3880 printer is attached to a desktop imac running snow leopard. When I am in the field and I want to softproof on the macbook, there are no icc profiles for the above papers. When I visit the epson site, I can download for their pro papers like cold press white, etc. etc..but I couldn't find any links for profiles for standard papers like photo glossy, luster etc.

Can someone tell me where I can get them and load them on my macbook so I can softproof in CS 6? In Snow Leopard I can click on my mac hard disk icon and I can get to the library and colorsync folders and all the icc profiles. In Mavericks there is no hard disk icon only the finder icon and I can't get to the Library folder. So any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

na goodman

You can show the hard drive in Mavericks by going to the Finder/prefrences/general/check hard drisks. You can go to your home folder by going under the Go menu and hold down the option key when you click on the house and library will show up and you can get to your profiles there. Do you have CS6 installed on the MacBook Pro?

Praki

Yes I do have CS6 installed on the Macbook Pro. Thanks for the suggestion it worked. Now I need to find out how to get the ICC profiles for luster, photo glossy etc. The Epson site only has it for their specialty papers ... Cold Press bright etc. etc. I can then download the ones I want and put it in the colorsync folder.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com

Now I need to find out how to get the ICC profiles for luster, photo glossy etc.

Epson (based upon Apple's weird directive) installs the base driver level ICC profiles inside the actual print driver. It's convoluted...First go to the main Library, go to Printers/Epson/InkjetPrinter and then Pro3880.profiles. Control click on the package and show contents. Inside the package you'll find the actual ICC profiles embedded in the package. Copy the profiles and move them to the laptop...to install, simply copy the profiles into the Library/ColorSync/Profiles folder.

Alternatively, you can install the Epson Driver for the 3880 on the laptop to get the profiles :~)

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images

In Mavericks there is no hard disk icon only the finder icon and I can't get to the Library folder. So any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

From the Finder, go Finder / Preferences / General / Show these items on desktop / Hard Disks

Double click Mac HD for the Library.

Why not just instal the print driver.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

na goodman

Yup, just install the print driver and they should show up in CS6.

Praki

Just a FYI. A slight modification (based on my computer) Jeff Schewe's method worked. For reasons not known by me yet, loading the 3880 epson drivers on the laptop still did not show the icc profiles for the standard epson papers (maybe the printer needs to be connected?). So what worked was Library>Printers>Epson>InkJetPrinter2>ICCProfiles>Pro3880.profiles Control click and choose Show Package Contents. Then one can copy the profiles or also use the option to Copy Profile Contents.

Thanks for the help Jeff. By the way, if you want a heavily used, dog eared, highlighted (highlit?) profusely commented copy of the Digital Negative and the Digital Print, send me a message! They look like they have been through the Bassamatic.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com

Thanks for the help Jeff. By the way, if you want a heavily used, dog eared, highlighted (highlit?) profusely commented copy of the Digital Negative and the Digital Print, send me a message! They look like they have been through the Bassamatic.

:~)

Thanks, but I already have those books...but a picture might be fun!

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/

Even easier. Launch the ColorSync Utility, it shows all profiles everywhere even deep in the system folder within packages. Click on the listed profile you wish to access and double click to open it, select Save As... place it where you wish.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

howardm

Or, in Terminal...................

cp  -p  /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/Pro3880.profiles/Contents/Resources/*   ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/.

Mark F

Thank you Andrew.

I read somewhere that doing stuff on a Mac is either easy or impossible. Finding where Yosemite stores my profiles was not impossible but I did waste over an hour looking unitl I found your post.
Mark

dwswager

I have a macbook pro running mavericks. The epson 3880 printer is attached to a desktop imac running snow leopard. When I am in the field and I want to softproof on the macbook, there are no icc profiles for the above papers. When I visit the epson site, I can download for their pro papers like cold press white, etc. etc..but I couldn't find any links for profiles for standard papers like photo glossy, luster etc.

Can someone tell me where I can get them and load them on my macbook so I can softproof in CS 6? In Snow Leopard I can click on my mac hard disk icon and I can get to the library and colorsync folders and all the icc profiles. In Mavericks there is no hard disk icon only the finder icon and I can't get to the Library folder. So any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

As I understand, the profiles for the papers you want are supplied in the driver package.  Download it and unzip them.  Some of the newer and professional papers are available directly at the link below:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Pro/ICCProfiles/proImagingICCProfiles_StylusPro3880.do?UseCookie=yes&profileFor=proImagingICCProfiles_StylusPro3880

Pages: [1]   Go Up