Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does this work...smoke in sky  (Read 1010 times)

wmchauncey

Does this work...smoke in sky
« on: March 22, 2015, 01:28:50 pm »

Want to enter this in a local contest...can it be improved?

The things you do for yourself die with

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Does this work...smoke in sky
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 02:59:02 pm »

Give just a slightly more separation to the gazebo roof. You also might want to use some PS trickery (extending gazebo pillars perhaps) in order to avoid the roof line coinciding with the horizon.

You might also want to consider having the smoke portion (i.e. faux sky) have a sort of a gradient, i.e. getting progressively darker from bottom up, rather than looking cut-and-pasted into the scene.

Otherwise, cool idea.

P.S. Come to think of it, you might want to move the sky/smoke slightly to the left, rather than dead-centered.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Does this work...smoke in sky
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 08:18:43 pm »

Give just a slightly more separation to the gazebo roof. You also might want to use some PS trickery (extending gazebo pillars perhaps) in order to avoid the roof line coinciding with the horizon.

You might also want to consider having the smoke portion (i.e. faux sky) have a sort of a gradient, i.e. getting progressively darker from bottom up, rather than looking cut-and-pasted into the scene.

Otherwise, cool idea.

P.S. Come to think of it, you might want to move the sky/smoke slightly to the left, rather than dead-centered.

Took the words right outta my mouth!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up