Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Resizing with PS: Landscape vs Potrait?  (Read 2344 times)

gryffyn

• http://www.tarafrost.com
Auto Resizing with PS: Landscape vs Potrait?
« on: January 20, 2006, 02:21:24 pm »

Often when I come back from a shoot, I want to batch process a bunch of raw files (NEFs for me) where the longest dimension of the resized image is known.

For example, I often need to create smaller jpeg images for web posting and also thumbnails for same.  Regardless of whether the image is in landscape or portrait orientation, I want the longest side to be say 250 pixels max.

So for a landscape shot, the resulting jpg should be 250 pixels wide, and for portrait it should be 250 pixels high, with the other dimension calculated accordingly.

Anyone know of a Photoshop action that can do this automagically?  That is detect if a shot is portrait/landscape and then resize appropriately so that the longest side is always a constant value?

I've always had to select all the landscape, run a batch job with an action then select all the portraits and run a different action batch job.  Which is a bit of a pain doing all that selection.

Thanks!

....Andrzej
.....Andrzej

gryffyn

• http://www.tarafrost.com
Auto Resizing with PS: Landscape vs Potrait?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 02:55:08 pm »

A friendly Nikonian provided the solution:

Go to bridge, select the images that you want processed. In Bridge go to:
Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor you will get the Image Processor dialog box. Simply put the maximum height and width and click run. Notice that you can convert the jpeg to sRGB here instead of converting it on the original file.

You can also run actions from here if you have something like, color corrections, or adding copyright info.

Works like a charm and no custom scripting required.

Happy...happy!
.....Andrzej
Pages: [1]   Go Up