Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 6 upgrade cost  (Read 3288 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
LR 6 upgrade cost
« on: March 21, 2015, 07:08:53 am »

Anyone know? I am considering signing up for CC and the cost of the LR upgrade will be a factor.

Simon Garrett

Re: LR 6 upgrade cost
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 07:31:57 am »

Price for Lightroom 5 upgrade: $79, full licence: $146 (Amazon).  That's about the same as the prices for previous versions - if anything it's been getting a bit cheaper each time. 

Of course, they may put the price up a bit for LR6, as they want to nudge people towards CC. 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 08:20:57 am »

Of course, they may put the price up a bit for LR6, as they want to nudge people towards CC.

I've read somewhere that LR6 would be something like US$ 160 or 169, don't remember exactly. So if that turns out to actually be the case, it stands to reason that the price of the upgrade would also be increased, indeed to make a subscription a bit more appealing.

I do not see the OP's connection to Capture One though, quite a different application (and Raw conversion quality...). The upgrade prices of Capture One Pro have so far been quite reasonable (and there is usually also a 10% discount coupon available somewhere).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:22:54 am »

I do not see the OP's connection to Capture One though,
neither does anyone else, it's not mentioned.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 09:29:56 am »

neither does anyone else, it's not mentioned.

I thought it was mentioned, maybe the post was was edited, maybe in another post where the upgrade cost was mentioned in connection with an upgrade alternative to Capture One depending on the cost of each.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

rebadurchee

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 01:04:29 pm »

I just saw a post on Photorumors that Best Buy had it briefly on their website at $149.99 full and $79.99 upgrade, before marking it out of stock.
Pages: [1]   Go Up