Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rodagon APO N Vs Componon-S  (Read 20001 times)

BobDavid

Rodagon APO N Vs Componon-S
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:56:58 am »

I am looking to use an enlarger lens to use with a Sony A7 for taking pictures. Is there a lot of difference between a Rodagon APO 80mm N and a 100 Componon-S other than focal length?

Does anybody out there have a Rodagon APO 80mm N or a 100mm Componon-S for sell?

Deardorff

Re: Rodagon APO N Vs Componon-S
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 10:10:43 am »

Not a "lot" of difference but the Apo Rodagon will be a bit sharper and have finer contrast separation most of the time. Check Cteins book for a lot more information on enlarging lenses and quality.

http://ctein.com/booksmpl.htm

He has a lot of excellent information and it can help with what you are asking.

DanielStone

Re: Rodagon APO N Vs Componon-S
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 06:07:52 pm »

I have a 90mm APO-Rodagon-N, and it is, BY FAR, the sharpest enlarging lens I've ever used. Knock your socks off sharp. I'm contemplating selling some MF film gear to fund building a D810/Cambo Actus kit, solely to use this lens on it, along with a 50 and 150mm(all still to be purchased). Coming from a view camera background(I still actively shoot 4x5 and 5x7), lens movements/corrections in-camera are a big deal to me :)

The APO-Rodagon-N's were designed later on than the Componon-S lenses as well, not that that could be a huge difference, but Rodenstock really hit a home run with the APO-Rodagon-N series of lenses. They're stellar performers, even for non-enlargement uses, like limited macro situations/close-up.

-Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up