Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images Locked - SOLVED!  (Read 10842 times)

Jens Peermann

Images Locked - SOLVED!
« on: March 20, 2015, 08:29:09 am »

After migrating to a new computer all images are locked (crossed-out pencil symbol). I can't even change the color tag. How do I get them unlocked? I went through all menus without finding a command for that.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:33:39 pm by Jens Peermann »

ario

Re: Images Locked
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 08:56:31 am »

Did you check the activated license? You may have by mistake activated one which has editing limitations (DB or Sony for instance)

Jens Peermann

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 09:15:07 am »

The license is for Sony. But it's the same that it was running under on the old machine; it's the only one I have. And all images are from a Sony A7. So I don't see where a problem could arise.

I had to re-link all images to the source folder, which still sits in the old computer that has become a server now. Is it possible that Capture One doesn't like to work with images from a network?

Jens Peermann

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 10:19:59 am »

I just did a test and found that when I import new raw images from the Sony they will be editable. New images imported from any other brand camera will be locked. From that I expect there is a way to unlock the migrated Sony images.

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 04:11:29 pm »

I had to re-link all images to the source folder, which still sits in the old computer that has become a server now. Is it possible that Capture One doesn't like to work with images from a network?
This for sure can be the root cause of the issue. Are you able to copy some images, or a folder, from your old computer to the new system?

If they can be be accessed fully writable, the network may be the issue. Can you elaborate on your systems and how the network and shared folder is set up? Also, you do use session or catalog? If you use CO8 Express for Sony, it is always a catalog. If you use CO8 Pro for Sony, you use either one.

Jens Peermann

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 08:58:43 pm »

Thanks for your reply, Paul.

The Version is CO8 Pro for Sony and I am using catalogs.

My old system was a first generation Mac Pro with all images stored on internal HDDs. Since this version of the Mac Pro can't run OS X 10.8 or higher and CO8 requires at least OS X 10.9 I was running the Windows version through Parallels.

The new system is an iMAc which lacks internal storage. So I linked it via Ethernet to the Mac Pro (which now tackles office duties) to access the image files. I obtained a Mac version of CO8 Pro for Sony and activated it with the same code I used for the Windows version. It works flawless with new images from the Sony A7, but those edited with the Windows version and re-linked after the system switch are locked.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:33:13 pm by Jens Peermann »

Jens Peermann

Re: Images Locked - SOLVED!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 09:36:25 pm »

I installed the 8.2 upgrade, opened the catalog and found all images are unlocked.

Happy! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up