Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced smart collections - searching wide-angles  (Read 1371 times)

indusphoto

• 500px
Advanced smart collections - searching wide-angles
« on: March 19, 2015, 01:55:45 am »

The Lightroom smart collections are very useful but they have always had a limitation in that there is no way to make a complex search query combining AND and OR logic. So far I have been able to work around this limitation by creating nested collections, but now I seem to have hit a wall.

What I am trying to do is to create a collection of my wide angle shots. For me, this would be anything less than or equal to 24mm (the widest I have are 12mm from Sigma) on 35mm sensor. However, on APS-C sensors, this means less that 16mm, and on compacts it is about 6mm or less (depending on size).

I am at a loss to find out a solution for this. There is no sensor-size field in camera info. That is fine, but in order to specify full frame wide angles in my catalog I have to make a condition like "all pictures less than or equal to 24mm focal length AND taken from Canon 5D OR 5D Mark II OR 5D Mark III OR 1D Mark IIII OR D800 OR D800E and so on. However I can not create this query in Lightroom.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

I want to build other collection in the same way where the parameters are different based on camera type, or sensor size.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Advanced smart collections - searching wide-angles
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:18:36 am »

Have you tried holding Alt / Option when you click the + button?

indusphoto

• 500px
Re: Advanced smart collections - searching wide-angles
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 03:39:48 am »

Have you tried holding Alt / Option when you click the + button?

Wow, a resolution so quick! No, I did not and never heard of it before. But this is what I needed. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up