Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full screen (problem?)  (Read 978 times)

nairb

Full screen (problem?)
« on: March 18, 2015, 04:47:30 pm »

Sorry for another newby question. I'm having trouble figuring out how to be able to have only an image on screen without any tool/menu/adjustment/browser bars, and be able to zoom in and out as well as pan.

I'm using windows 7 and Capture One 8.1.1, build 8.1.1.20 and the instructions here don't seem to work:

http://help.phaseone.com/en/CO8/User-Interface/Viewing-Photos/Full-Screen.aspx

I get to the fullscreen mode fine, but both the browser and adjustment bars stay on screen where it seems they're supposed to autohide ( I can remove them with ctrl T and ctrl B which works but is hardly convenient). Seems like something's wrong perhaps. The menu bar autohides and appears by mousing to the top, but not the other bars. Zoom level seems kind of odd as well in that it stays visible in fullscreen mode. On the main screen/viewer I can choose in the menu to hide it, which removes it from all screens, but then it's a convoluted route to get back to seeing what level one is at. I thought just counting the number of "ctrl+" hits it takes to get to 50%, but it's 3 to go from "fit" to 50%, but then it's 4 "ctrl-" hits to get back to "fit" from 50%. Which would work I suppose but isn't too convenient either.

I've also tried the "viewer" (f10) and by hiding all things possible am still left with the menu bar at top which isn't what I want. The view also doesn't toggle, in that it seems the only way to exit is by clicking the X in the corner.

I'd like to be able to toggle as easily as I can in CS5 where pressing the "f" key cycles through 3 screens, of which the most used by myself is just the black background with only my image available.

Thanks for your help.

Brian

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:02:14 pm by nairb »

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
Re: Full screen (problem?)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 02:17:36 pm »

Hi Brian,

I think you covered all aspects of full screen mode of CO8 for Windows. The online help you are referred to is for Mac. The Windows version is different. No auto hide, for example. So there is nothing your with you or your system. This is how it works on Windows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up