Equipment & Techniques > Beginner's Questions

How to post a foto ?

(1/3) > >>

dumainew:
How do I make a foto, let's say it's a 20MB TIFF file, go onto this LuLa forum without significantly degrading it's resolution and color ? Should it be a JPG ? At what size ? I know there's a 4 MB limit. Does that mean the total amount for a single file, or the total for all files  submitted in the post ?
Appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.
Richard

Paul2660:
There is no 1 right answer to this as far getting to a jpg.  Yes, the file should be a jpg for posting and in sRGB color space, IMO. 

You can use LR, save for web, which will convert the color space and save the image as jpg, you can pick the size.  The 4MB limit is per image,  Save it as 72 dpi, for web viewing, no larger.

If you don't have LR, then there are many actions, you can pick up both free and for a small charge that will do this:

In CC,
You need to do resample and downsample the image for the web.  You have a 20MB tiff.  I would just go to image size, and convert the file there.  Convert the dpi to 72 and make sure the image is no larger than say 11 x 16 inches.  Down sample it and then convert the color space to sRGB if you are not there already.  Save it as a jpg, quality 9 to 11 and look for a final size of between 600KB to 1.2KB  or .6MB to 1.2MB.  That should be plenty large enough.

I am sure everyone has their own way of getting here.

This is just one idea.  My my own work, I have a quick action I run in CC that does all of above in a simple 1 step process.

Paul

dumainew:
Paul,
Sorry for the long delay.
I very much appreciate your help.
When I follow your careful steps to posting an image, some do well and some don't.
It's puzzling. But I shall keep on trying.
Thank you again.
Richard

Slobodan Blagojevic:

--- Quote from: dumainew on April 13, 2015, 12:04:58 pm ---...some do well and some don't...

--- End quote ---

Hi Richard,

Would you walk us through your steps, especially those that "don't"?

onlineprinting:
I don't see any problem in posting images here, just use jpg file because of less space also the forum will load fast. If you are uploading large files then it is waste of time to the readers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version