Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some PS help  (Read 2186 times)

trentf

Need some PS help
« on: March 16, 2015, 12:51:59 pm »

I know this is for LR,  but I am at wits end with a PS CS 6 issue and was wondering if anyone has experienced it,  since most folks here are PS users also.  CS 6 with Yosemite....  two monitors.  I cannot save my workspace.  The palettes will be moved or gone or position themselves at the bottom of the monitor with launching or waking up from sleep.  Sometimes they are just gone.  I have done all the obvious things,  preferences,  re installed PS.  I am totally confused at what to do..... 

CoyoteButtes

Re: Need some PS help
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 04:56:33 pm »

I do not mean to sound like a smart aleck, but I would revert to Mavericks. Yosemite has given too many folks too many problems.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 11:17:22 pm »

Are you running both displays off the same card? I have the same problem in CC 2014 running 10.7.5. The only thing I do is save the workspace and when wakening, I select the Reset option in the Workspace dropdown menu. I even recorded an action (using assign menu item) and use a command key to run the action. Not a fix, but better that dragging pallets around :~)

trentf

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:16:36 am »

Thank you for the replies....

Yes I am running from the same card.  Dragging the palettes does get old....  Since installing Yosemite Bridge CS6 crashes at launch.  I may have to go back to Maverick....

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 05:28:42 pm »

There was a time when Adobe and Mac sw were so well meshed and in sync. Since the hash with Flash , maybe also the Intel processor trans, they have really been static with one another. I see more support for Windows OS from Adobe than I do for Mac.  I asked this elsewhere and I was told that there are far more Windows users with Adobe products than Mac. This was 3 or so years ago. I wonder if things have balanced out or changed?

Is this just what I personally have come across or is this generally true?

Check in the Adobe forums. They have a large pool of inner techies with program skills that might help fix such issues with OS's.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up