Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Enhanced Matte  (Read 1346 times)

petercorb

Epson Enhanced Matte
« on: March 15, 2015, 03:20:17 am »

I recently bought a 44" roll of Epson Enhanced Matte. The product was made in japan and has a star label which says "Improved Black Quality".

Anyone know exactly what this means. The supplier did not know and cant find any info on Epson website.

dwswager

Re: Epson Enhanced Matte
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 01:50:16 pm »

I recently bought a 44" roll of Epson Enhanced Matte. The product was made in japan and has a star label which says "Improved Black Quality".

Anyone know exactly what this means. The supplier did not know and cant find any info on Epson website.

What is the SKU?  S041597 is the 44"x100' Enhanced Matte and is the roll version of the Ultra Premium Presentation Matte paper that is available in cut sheets.

As to what the sticker means, I suspect it allows more ink load.

petercorb

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 03:17:04 pm »

(What is the SKU?  S041597) - yes this SKU.

Not sure about more ink load but paper seems less distorted by large areas with dense ink.

pmiles

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 06:01:19 pm »

I have noticed a huge improvement in the appearance of solid blacks printed with the new Enhanced matte 'improved black quality' paper. Solid areas of black on the old enhanced matte paper show what i can only describe as a 'mottled-black' appearance. Areas of full solid black on the old paper has lots of very small slightly 'shiny black' patches in amongst more 'velvety flat black' areas giving solid black on the old paper a mottled appearance. The new paper shows none of this. It's prints a velvety smooth black all the way down to full black.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:36:04 pm by pmiles »
Pages: [1]   Go Up