Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200 on Win7/64. Prints not always getting to the printer  (Read 1953 times)

Phil Indeblanc

I send a job and it will print one minute and the next it decides not to print, so I send it again from Qimage, and often wait for the processing, and then it does print. The jobs get cleared from the print driver log so I cannot restart it.
It really slowing down my printing. I'm trying to be sure if its something others have seen, and if reinstall of printer drivers is need and does remedy the problem.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:13:48 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

namartinnz

Phil

Have you switched the printer off then on again - that can sometimes reset some issues. I use win 7/64 and qimage and have no problems so don't have direct solution to your problem. From what you describe about reinstalling the drivers and getting it to work I don't think Qimage is the problem.

Neal

Phil Indeblanc

Re: HP Z3200 on Win7/64. Prints not always getting to the printer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 07:15:52 pm »

I've been having this issue for some time now, and YES, I did do that which you are right it does look like it clears things up in the connection, but this is something I need to avoid doing. I've had to do it about once a week now.

Thanks for your input.

jferrari

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 09:49:55 pm »

I send a job and it will print one minute and the next it decides not to print, so I send it again from Qimage, and often wait for the processing, and then it does print. The jobs get cleared from the print driver log so I cannot restart it.
It really slowing down my printing. I'm trying to be sure if its something others have seen, and if reinstall of printer drivers is need and does remedy the problem.

Phil, how is your printer attached to your computer? USB? WIFI? Network? If you're using a network connection does your printer have a static IP address? Do you have more than one item accessing the router at the same time?     - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 11:23:37 pm »

Another good point Jim,

Its connected via network and I gave it an IP with a saved and unlimited lease. But its still configured dynamic I think(its been a while).

But that might help if I can assign a static. I have about 25-30 nodes taking an IP connection on the network. This includes wireless.

Have you had this issue, and noticed a difference going to static?

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 12:41:36 am »

Phil,

I never experienced this issue as you describe. What always happens to me is that by default I ask the driver to show me the preview before printing. On my system (win 8.1, but also happened on Vista) what happens is if I wait more than a minute (or so) after the preview was displayed to click on it's "print" button the window closes but the printer does not print and the job does not appear on the printer's internal queue, but stays frozen on the windows print queue. It locks the queue and I am not even able to delete the job without restarting the printer and the PC (sometimes I have to restart the PC twice, one to be able to delete the job and another for it to actually disappear).

But it never happened to me when I don't make it display the preview window or when I click "print" before a minute passes.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 07:02:46 am »

Interesting.  I always use the preview, and as you mention, I have noticed it happen when sitting idle with the preview waiting for the ok to print. But it happens I think as much with sending off within secondss. I can send again and it works a couple times. Other times I shut the printer off and back on.

Sine I have to always define the paper size it with non ps, I get confused on the way QImage or LR makes the orientation. The preview assures me.  I was thinking to soon move to w8. I wonder what this is? Is you ip static?
Maybe I should try USB, but then I think I lose another function, or something happens, right? :-)

jferrari

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 12:21:34 pm »

Another good point Jim,

Its connected via network and I gave it an IP with a saved and unlimited lease. But its still configured dynamic I think(its been a while).

But that might help if I can assign a static. I have about 25-30 nodes taking an IP connection on the network. This includes wireless.

Have you had this issue, and noticed a difference going to static?

When you first set up your printer your computer searched and found it on a particular IP address. So that's where it thinks your printer should be. When you turn devices on and off they may grab a different IP address from the pool when you next power them up. So this situation could be one that would simulate your problem. This is easily solved by setting your printer(s) up with static IP addresses. It hurts nothing to try.    - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 04:17:37 pm »

Thank you George and Jim for tese additions, I will put them into action one at a time and see what I get. Cheers!

namartinnz

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 06:25:04 pm »

I had all sorts of issues with preview - much like you describe. Disable preview and a lot of your problems should go away. I thought I needed preview, but it's not an issue.

Neal

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 02:44:41 am »

I might have to make some visual reference to remind me on how Qimage display rrelates to the roll and the side it prints on, landscape vs port...

The preview is also a pretty good visual proof in some ways.

I have another question as I have been doing single poster size prints, but now moved to making collage prints of larger size. How can I have the print file fully spool and process and have it unload to the printer harddrive? I want to shut down the PC and let the printer do its thing, but I see the print job in the windows printer log and status is "Printing". I don't want to interrupt the job.
Pages: [1]   Go Up