Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Signing a dark print with lighter ink  (Read 1024 times)

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
Signing a dark print with lighter ink
« on: March 11, 2015, 01:04:12 am »

I currently sign prints in pencil in the white margin, but I’m thinking of applying a subtle and not overly prominent signature to the print itself for applications in which no margin is shown when displayed. For signing on a light background I would think a pen with a darker pigmented ink would work well, but how about signing on a dark background with a lighter colored ink? I print with a Canon iPF printer so the ink is Lucia EX and I use Moab Entrada Natural Rag for a matte paper and Canson Platine Fibre Rag for glossy - both are 300 gsm. Are there pigmented ink pens available with lighter colors (white, grey, tan, etc.) that will allow me to sign over a darker background?  I know I can scan my sig and just insert it into the image and print it that way, but I’m wondering if there is a way I can actually physically sign each print.

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Signing a dark print with lighter ink
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 05:23:08 am »

Metallic inks usually are the most opaque inks so a silver pen would do the job.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2014 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:18:18 am »

The pens at the link below work great and are acid free. I use silver or gold depending on the colors under the sig.

http://www.staples.com/Pentel-Sunburst-Metallic-Gel-Ink-Pens-Medium-Point-Silver-and-Gold-2/product_805682

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 11:00:18 am »

Thank you!

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 02:31:50 pm »

If you want something without the metallic look, I’ve found a pigment paint marker from DecoColor works pretty good, either white or light grey.

Pages: [1]   Go Up