Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Processing files on a separate machine post-shoot (session won't open)  (Read 1980 times)

DanielStone

Hey all,

A fellow I assist has essentially started shooting everything tethered. P65+ back. Very rarely do the Canon's come out of the bag anymore. Occasionally I act as computer guy, since he's not well-versed(well, mostly by choice I imagine) in Capture One, and since I'm trying to learn it beyond the basics, so I can't justify calling myself a "tech". But I want to learn more, mostly for my own use down the line(I'm in my 20's):

Case and point: We use his or my laptop on set/location, all (usually) goes smoothly. Time crunched, we decide to copy files to his Imac once back to his studio at the end of the day. So I copy every entire folder over from the session, everything copies over. I then click the '.cosessiondb' file, but it doesn't open up in Capture One like it did on my laptop? How do I get the session to open up on his Imac, so I can process the files on that machine?
My version on C1 is 7.2, his, IIRC, is 6.5? Is that the issue here? If he upgrades, say to 8.x, would that allow us to open the session on his machine?

sorry if this question is elementary, again, I'm new to this

thanks,
Dan

Hans Knikman

• Hans Knikman - KnikmanAV

did you have a look at the file menu? There is a choice "open"
Hans

JWB

I assume that a catalog or session created with a newer version cannot be opened by an older version. So, if he upgrades to v8 that should allow him to open it, but then you wouldn't be able to open his. Ideally you would both be on the same version.

DanielStone

thanks guys, I had a feeling it was a version-compatibility issue.

I'll recommend that he upgrade to v8. I'll do it once I can swing the expense.

thanks,
Dan

figure1a

If he upgrades to CO8, he will be able to activate two copies of CO8 with his license. So when you work with him, he can activate his license on your machine so you can work in CO8. After you are done working with him, you can deactivate the license.
Pages: [1]   Go Up