Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calibrating Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM with my Colormunki  (Read 11052 times)

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
Re: Calibrating Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM with my Colormunki
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:04 pm »

I traded in the HM model for an H model and recalibrated. It now is much closer to my older wide gamut dell.  I still can't get dispcalGUI to talk to my colormunki Photo. I wonder if it is related to windows 8.  All the instructions I see talk about windows 7 and earlier operating systems.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

howardm

Re: Calibrating Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM with my Colormunki
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 07:38:17 am »

did you follow this portion of the install instructions?..................

You only need to install the Argyll-specific driver if your measurement device is not a ColorMunki Display, i1 Display Pro, Huey, ColorHug, specbos or K-10.
If you are using Windows 8, you need to disable driver signature enforcement before you can install the driver:

Go to “Settings” (hover the lower right corner of the screen, then click the gear icon).
    Select “Power” (the on/off icon).
    Hold the SHIFT key down and click “Restart”.
    Select “Troubleshoot → “Advanced Options” → “Startup Settings” → “Restart”.
    After reboot, select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” (number 7 on the list).

To install the Argyll-specific driver that is needed to use some instruments, launch dispcalGUI and select “Install Argyll CMS instrument drivers...” from the “Tools” menu.

To switch between the Argyll CMS and vendor drivers, launch Windows' Device Manager and locate the instrument in the device list. It may be underneath one of the top level items. Right click on the instrument and select “Update Driver Software...”, then choose “Browse my computer for driver software”, “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” and finally select the Argyll driver for your instrument from the list.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up