Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canada's Silent Giant  (Read 1899 times)

Ian stuart Forsyth

Canada's Silent Giant
« on: March 07, 2015, 01:20:50 am »

These photographs are taken at a location I  previously been to the week before

The photographs where taken in 2011

The full series can be found here
http://isfphotography.com/page3.html
Thank for looking

NancyP

Re: Canada's Silent Giant
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:25:52 am »

Very nice photographs, and also a very good-looking moose, not half-in, half-out of winter coat. (Though a photo of a large mammal rubbing against a tree to shed its winter coat counts as a "behavior shot". I am thinking of the local ratty looking elk.)

Colorado David

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 11:00:26 am »

You were fortunate to have good light.  That's a very nice series.  I have a series of Alaska/Yukon moose on my website.  They were all shot in a ten day period of late August/early September in Denali.  I had either harsh full sun or complete soft overcast.  The shots on my website are all in the soft light.

Ian stuart Forsyth

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 01:32:17 am »

Very nice photographs, and also a very good-looking moose, not half-in, half-out of winter coat. (Though a photo of a large mammal rubbing against a tree to shed its winter coat counts as a "behavior shot". I am thinking of the local ratty looking elk.)
Thank you, We don't have too many Moose in this area and said to say that 4 have been killed in the last 3 month with vehicles and have not seen any in the last month

Ian stuart Forsyth

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 01:33:32 am »

You were fortunate to have good light.  That's a very nice series.  I have a series of Alaska/Yukon moose on my website.  They were all shot in a ten day period of late August/early September in Denali.  I had either harsh full sun or complete soft overcast.  The shots on my website are all in the soft light.

thank you David
I don't mind overcast as its something I can work with
All the best
Pages: [1]   Go Up