Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mounting and displaying borderless prints?  (Read 1526 times)

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Mounting and displaying borderless prints?
« on: March 06, 2015, 11:17:33 am »

I've searched the web for some advice on how best to mount and display borderless inkjet prints, and didn't find a lot on this specific topic. From what I learned, many use foam board for mounting, with a variety of mounting techniques ranging from T-hinges, to dry mount, to self-adhesive foam board. So, I wanted to get some opinions from forum readers on what method you use for borderless mounting. Once mounted on (say) foam board, is the print now ready to display on a wall? Or, do you further work with framing etc? I apologize for my naïveté, but some simple advice on 'best practices' for borderless prints (or pointer to a website or two) will go a long way in helping me here.

As always, thank you for your reply.

Bob
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

dwswager

Re: Mounting and displaying borderless prints?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:03:23 pm »

I've searched the web for some advice on how best to mount and display borderless inkjet prints, and didn't find a lot on this specific topic. From what I learned, many use foam board for mounting, with a variety of mounting techniques ranging from T-hinges, to dry mount, to self-adhesive foam board. So, I wanted to get some opinions from forum readers on what method you use for borderless mounting. Once mounted on (say) foam board, is the print now ready to display on a wall? Or, do you further work with framing etc? I apologize for my naïveté, but some simple advice on 'best practices' for borderless prints (or pointer to a website or two) will go a long way in helping me here.

As always, thank you for your reply.

Bob

Thread here is about paper and different flush mounting options.

You would want to mount to a rigid substrate so it doesn't warp like regular foamcore.  Something like Gatorboard.  I have not purchased any of the Coda Mount products, but I intend to try them.  Basically a 3/4" gatorboard with a band around the board to hide the 3plys.  The Coda Mounts come with an adhesive applied, but any mounting process should work.

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: Mounting and displaying borderless prints?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 06:33:17 pm »

Thanks dwswager! That topic is a great starting point. (I'm not sure how I missed it, as I did a search within this forum.) No matter.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up