OK, I'm back from the test shoot. I used the 8.5 x 11" MacBeth chart to set my exposure, keeping the white patch at about 240 in Camera Raw. Then I used the 2nd patch (very light gray) to white balance the tungsten lights (still in CR) which worked perfectly. I did a few prints (b&w and color) with these settings and they looked very good, in the usual Camera Raw flat-kinda-look, processed them staying in 16bit. I finished the 60 or so shots, batch processed them, and the resulting TIFFs look quite good. A simple levels adjustment layer brings the contrast and tonality where I want it. The originals were all over the place, B&W & color, from 8x10's down to 120 contact prints. The majority of the color was actually 4x6 prints, but when those prints were very good, the resulting copy shots were very good.