Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: converting slideshows to video  (Read 2056 times)

John R

converting slideshows to video
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:20:18 pm »

Was wondering if anyone has experience in creating videos from slide shows. I know how, because I have converter in Proshow, but I need advice on what the optimum size of images should be. The video slide shows that proshow produces are massive (100megs), not suitable for uploading, so I think I must be doing something wrong. I start with the 1400ppi. Does anyone have advice on what optimum size of images should be for the aforesaid purposes. I really would like to make my videos smaller in size.

Thanks for any help.

JR

bcooter

Re: converting slideshows to video
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:50:18 pm »

Was wondering if anyone has experience in creating videos from slide shows. I know how, because I have converter in Proshow, but I need advice on what the optimum size of images should be. The video slide shows that proshow produces are massive (100megs), not suitable for uploading, so I think I must be doing something wrong. I start with the 1400ppi. Does anyone have advice on what optimum size of images should be for the aforesaid purposes. I really would like to make my videos smaller in size.

Thanks for any help.

JR

Read up.

Still or motion the final result is in the codec.    BPS, MBPS and the compression scheme have a lot more to do with the weight of a video than the actual source dimensions.

One thing you'll notice is if you do dissolve transitions with stills at lower bit rates you'll start to get some break up on the transitions and once again this is a reflection of the above.

The only way to make this work and find what is optimal is to learn, then do a series of tests.  usually a lot of tests.

IMO

BC
Pages: [1]   Go Up