Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cropping tool side handles missing in PSCS2  (Read 3318 times)

jgdavidson

Cropping tool side handles missing in PSCS2
« on: January 15, 2006, 06:33:56 pm »

I am presently using Photoshop CS2.  I just discovered that when using the cropping tool, I don't have side handles at the mid-points of the sides, top and bottom of the cropping marquee.  This was not a problem when doing normal cropping, but in order to do Transform Perspective, it is an imperative feature.

I checked the varies preferences and found nothing to turn side handles off or on.  Obviously, there is no reason for the side handles to ever be turned off.

Could this be a problem with my Matrox AGP P650 video card in my Windows XP system?

Thanks.

Gary

Evan

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 07:00:28 pm »

The midpoint handles appear to go away when the height and width are specifed.  They turn on when I click perspective in the toolbar.

If no height and width are specified, then the midpoint handles are there as well.

Hope this helps.

jgdavidson

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 07:22:53 pm »

Thanks Evan.

That was my problem and it was a simple fix!

I couldn't find any documentation related to cropping in any of my Photoshop CS2 books that indicated that if you specify width and height, you will not have the mid-point side handles.  But, after think about assigning width and height, I now understand why there is no need for side handles for normal cropping, thus the reason why I never had a problem in the past with simple cropping with width and height specified.

Thank you.

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up