Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Strobe units

(1/5) > >>

wmchauncey:
Unless you steer me in a different direction, I'm 90% certain that I want an indoor, DC, strobe unit to freeze my moving tabletop images...
smoke, water droplets, and hummingbirds and whatnot. On camera flash units do not excite me...budget, with wireless trigger, is around $150 if possible.
Is this doable/possible in my price range?  Any suggestions or am I blowing smoke?       ???

crabby:
Can you even buy wireless triggers for under $150? An on camera flash unit or two (you can take them off the camera) will be the lowest budget DC strobe for the items you described.

Bart_van_der_Wolf:

--- Quote from: wmchauncey on March 02, 2015, 07:27:15 pm ---Unless you steer me in a different direction, I'm 90% certain that I want an indoor, DC, strobe unit to freeze my moving tabletop images...
smoke, water droplets, and hummingbirds and whatnot. On camera flash units do not excite me...budget, with wireless trigger, is around $150 if possible.
--- End quote ---

Hi,

I'd look into light modifiers first.  Larger strobes often have longer exposure times than useful for freezing action.

When your work is close-up and macro, diffusion panels and transparent diffusers will often do the job just fine.

--- Quote ---Is this doable/possible in my price range?  Any suggestions or am I blowing smoke?       ???
--- End quote ---

The budget seems too small to do it well ...

Cheers,
Bart

wmchauncey:
If I was able to boost my budget to around $300...would that make a difference.
Freezing motion is a priority.      ???

AlterEgo:

--- Quote from: wmchauncey on March 03, 2015, 08:20:01 am ---If I was able to boost my budget to around $300...would that make a difference.
Freezing motion is a priority.      ???

--- End quote ---

hit 2 review sites and browse chinese models there = http://www.lightingrumours.com and http://flashhavoc.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version