Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: great camera bag for $20  (Read 2574 times)

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
great camera bag for $20
« on: March 02, 2015, 01:30:57 pm »

I prefer waist packs for hiking with a camera. Stuff I don't need at short notice goes on my back. I'm constantly on the lookout for a better solution and have cycled through waist packs from LowePro, Mountainsmith, Jansport, etc., and never been completely satisfied. This is the first time I've found something that's just right for my current needs. It fits so well I thought I'd share with other compact camera users as the pack is now on sale for $20 at Cabela's. Google "Cabela's Deluxe Chest Pack". If there is any question it is SKU# 03800437.

I've used it heavily for two months now and am very happy with it. I removed the chest strap and all the internal supports and padding as they are unnecessary and take up room. This allows it to hold my E-M1 with the 12-40 and 40-150 Pro zooms, a collection of Lee filters, lots of small accessories, headlamp, GPS, maps, note pad, etc., and room for snacks stuffed in the side pockets (shown empty here). Compass, map, cash, credit cards, etc. go in the belt zipper pouches.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: great camera bag for $20
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:07:23 pm »

It is often said that these forums are dominated by males. However, there is one thing where we outdo women: number of (photo) bags we have or crave  ;)

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 02:34:14 pm »

It is often said that these forums are dominated by males. However, there is one thing where we outdo women: number of (photo) bags we have or crave  ;)

I wish you were wrong but I'm looking right now at 3 photo bags and I have at least 3-4 more out of sight. And I'm still not happy.

NancyP

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 02:39:09 pm »

Yep, I bought my waist pack at Cabela's too. It is big enough that one can store several lenses, and has a D ring from which one can hang a water bottle.. The tackle boxes I use for small photo accessories.

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 07:59:53 pm »

I wish you were wrong but I'm looking right now at 3 photo bags and I have at least 3-4 more out of sight. And I'm still not happy.

I was writing an Amazon review and wrote that I owned half a dozen Think Tank bags, then had to correct it - upward, of course. I think I'm at 9, but it could be more. Of course I own bags from other manufacturers, too.

That Cabela's waist pack looks great. I have a hard time finding the happy medium between big padded photo waist pack, and thin floppy bag that doesn't really hold gear well. Thanks for the idea.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

rmyers

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 11:07:05 pm »

These aren't $20.00.  They are waterproof, though.  Very well made product.  They have some great other bags as well.

http://www.sagebrushdrygoods.com/product_info.php?cPath=8&products_id=26&PHPSESSID=7cccb82ad0a4eaf4a337b884389bffed

AFairley

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 11:35:27 am »

Oh dear, couldn't resist for the price.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up