Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF8100  (Read 469 times)

kcnncb

Canon IPF8100
« on: February 28, 2015, 10:35:09 am »

Hello all, new member here!  I found this forum after searching Google for an answer to my problem.

I have a Canon IPF 8100.  Awesome printer so far and I love the results I get.  I bought it used about 1.5 years ago.  The company I purchased it from told me they were selling because the Blue channel was not working.  I looked inside and it appeared there was air in the blue line.  I thought I would perform a few cleaning cycles and it would pump ink back up through the line.  I did that and it appeared to do the trick.

So I've been printing happily with it without a single problem until a few days ago.  While trying to print a photo with some very dark blue to nearly purple in color, all of a sudden the print turned out very light blue, obviously from using cyan.  I'm thinking I've never printed another photo that needed that purplish color yet until now, or the problem is back.  I opened the cover and sure enough there are huge gaps of ink missing in the line.  I installed a brand new 700ml cartridge that came with the printer thinking perhaps that might solve the problem but it hasn't.  I've done a couple of deep cleanings (B) and while it did suck some blue up the line, after sitting a few days it just disappears again in the line.  The maintenance cartridge isn't showing any blue ink so where the heck is my ink going?

An easy fix would be to use a RIP and block off the blue channel.  But I can't justify spending $1000 + on software for the odd photo that would require using blue.  Anyone know of a cheaper alternative or RIP to either fix it or block off the blue totally?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:39:34 am by kcnncb »
Pages: [1]   Go Up