Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7900: Clean wiper blade if no problems?  (Read 659 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
7900: Clean wiper blade if no problems?
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:36:29 am »

My 7900 has been printing at low volume for over 2-1/2 years with no serious problems. I see that I can remove the wiper blade and clean it, but I am not sure if this is wise given that I am having no problems. Is it worth doing as a prophylactic measure, or should I leave well enough alone?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: 7900: Clean wiper blade if no problems?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:49:03 am »

Option B. Leave well enough alone. However if you must 😜 Instead of cleaning it just replace it. It's easy and part cost is 16.00 or so. Compass Micro.  Eric's video shows how to easy it is.

Paul

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Some Guy

Re: 7900: Clean wiper blade if no problems?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 10:59:46 am »

Wouldn't hurt to clean it.  I do a monthly cleaning of six printers even if they aren't heavily used.

When I tore into my 3880 for a busted carriage, the underside of the print head had a tar-like buildup of black ink crud.  Lots of little fibers and dust stuck in it too that probably was causing some paper ink blots.  It was also on the wiper and the seal around the capping station.  Now I clean the wiper with a Q-tip cut in half inserted in a long brass tube for a handle, and clean the wiper and the rubber around the capping station with it.  Then flush the capping station pads with head cleaner until they are again white.  Seems the residual fluid also minimizes head clogs too.  Head cleaner I get out of Oregon here (500ml ~$16):  http://www.ebay.com/itm/500ml-Printer-Head-Cleaner-for-Epson-ink-Cartridge-/190616848163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c61a64723

Epson, okay ALL printer makers, should make an access port or some means to clean the underside of the carriage, imho.  Shouldn't require an entire day to tear one down and reassemble it for cleaning.

SG
Pages: [1]   Go Up