Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New QImage feature  (Read 955 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
New QImage feature
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:15:46 am »

I see that the latest QImage has a feature that many of us will be interested in, particularly Epson owners: an unclog tool that keeps the nozzles open without running a regular cleaning cycle, and that can be scheduled to run on a schedule while you are away. Sounds good to me!

Les Sparks

• http://www.ncsparks.com
Re: New QImage feature
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 11:43:34 am »

I've found this to be a great feature with my 3880 this winter where the humidity is low, even in NC. Until this winter I experienced about one nozzle clog a year. Now I get one every week unless I print something daily. With Qimage I can run a nozzle unclog for one color to unclog the  nozzle that shows a bad nozzle check pattern. Really saves ink. If all nozzle show clogs you can run the utility for all colors. Qimage says their utility uses less ink than the Epson nozzle clean utility. Qimage also says that if the utility doesn't produce a good  nozzle check, then you should run the Epson nozzle clean utility.
Great idea and wonder why Epson didn't provide such a utility.

Some Guy

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 12:17:39 pm »

I've gotten bad nozzles checks and ran the program to hopefully unclog that color.  However, running a subsequent nozzle check may still show it as clogged even though that specific color was selected in Qimage.  It is very hard to tell from the Qimage printed page if the nozzles are truly unclogged as the color may print, just not all nozzles are firing so you need to check that again.

Does help to minimize ink waste and provide a printing cycle, but a stronger (and wasteful) cleaning may still be needed if the nozzles aren't firing right.  Never have left the computer on for extended days as well as the printers to try for "timed prints" or how to cycle it among 6 printers.  Power bill is high enough as it is.  :(

SG

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 12:22:58 pm »

Great idea and wonder why Epson didn't provide such a utility.

Hi,

Could it be that they want to sell more ink ...?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up