Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9890: Registering sheet paper for double printing  (Read 598 times)

disneytoy

Epson 9890: Registering sheet paper for double printing
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:21:50 am »

Hello!

I know its not easy to register a sheet of paper in a 9890. I have a need to run a thick sheet of watercolor paper 16x20 into the printer to print a thin outline. I need to tape off the area and then run the actual print. I have about a 1/8" bleed area, but is there any technique in loading, and reloading the paper to get the closest registration?

Thanks

Maxi

hugowolf

Re: Epson 9890: Registering sheet paper for double printing
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 01:02:06 am »

I know its not easy to register a sheet of paper in a 9890. I have a need to run a thick sheet of watercolor paper 16x20 into the printer to print a thin outline. I need to tape off the area and then run the actual print. I have about a 1/8" bleed area, but is there any technique in loading, and reloading the paper to get the closest registration?

Good luck with that. I think your best bet is loading it in landsape orientation, with the 20 inch sides top and bottom.

Brian A

jferrari

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 02:02:24 am »

The only way I can think of doing it would be to use some kind of physical reference like a pencil mark on masking tape affixed to an appropriate part of the printer.    - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

disneytoy

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 03:52:36 am »

I will try to tape a "L" made of foam code to set the bottom corner when loading.

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 03:55:50 pm »

Stranded packing tape would work well, particularly if 2 L-shaped pieces were used for two corners as in
Kento (Ukiyo-e printing registration marks).  The tape should be thick enough to register the paper, yet not so thick that the paper can't glide over it.  The tape should be able to be left in place as long as you need.  Use a razor blade or exacto knife to edge delicate lines into the outfeed surface for future re-applications.
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up