Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy as DNG for new camera not working.  (Read 1253 times)

ymc226

Copy as DNG for new camera not working.
« on: February 25, 2015, 04:19:54 pm »

I'm re-reading Jeff's Digital Negative and the only option to process RAW files of newly available cameras would be to copy to DNG in LR.  I have LR 5.7 and just got the new Olympus OM-D EM-5 Mk II which is too new to be supported regarding its own format. 

I just loaded a SD card and tried to import via copy as DNG but still remains unrecognized and won't let me import.  Is there a workaround?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Copy as DNG for new camera not working.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 06:00:45 pm »

Get LR 5.7.1 which I think supports that camera...

ymc226

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 07:04:25 pm »

Thank you Jeff.  I just checked the Adobe site regarding supported cameras.  LR 5.7.1 supports the EM-5 but does not specifically list the EM-5 Mk II.  I'll give it a go when I get home tonight.

However, I'd still like to use the COPY AS DNG technique to address processing RAW files of new or unsupported cameras in the future.  What I am doing is open LR5, plugging in the SD card, then LR automatically opens the window that allows me to choose IMPORT.  I choose COPY AS DNG and the program fails to import, stating the file as unrecognized.

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 09:44:51 pm »

The camera is not yet supported in LR 5.7.1, ACR 8.7.1  or the DNG converter 8.7.1. Just have to be patient.
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 04:48:31 pm »

I'm re-reading Jeff's Digital Negative and the only option to process RAW files of newly available cameras would be to copy to DNG in LR. 
No this is not correct.  You can only convert a raw file to DNG in LR if it's already recognized.  You import it then export it as a DNG.
If you have an OLD version of LR or PS that will not read a newer camera (for example LR4 trying to open a Sony A7 file) then you use Adobe's external DNG converter, copy the raw files to new DNG files which your old version of PS/LR will recognize.
For new cameras as said above you'll need to wait for the update to LR, PS or the DNG converter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up