Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Science, Physics, & Philosophy  (Read 5275 times)

Telecaster

Re: Science, Physics, & Philosophy
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 03:12:54 pm »

Now you know why I'm sceptical about the claims of anthropogenic climate change.  ;)

Shall we place bets on how many more posts this thread goes before being locked?

Thanks, Ray.

-Dave-

Ray

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 05:19:05 pm »

Why would a thread be locked in a coffe corner, of all places, when discussion is civil?

If a group of people are sitting around a table in a coffe shop having a discussion on any topic, I see no reason why the manager would ask them to leave, unless they start yelling and abusing each other and throwing chairs around.... which is something that occasionall happens on this forum when people seem to take great delight in making ad hominem attacks.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 04:55:49 pm »

Ray, we've disagreed about many things over the years, but I do respect that you keep things reasonably civil even when we don't see eye to eye.

Luke, I have hosting space on my web site, and would be willing to host the "Essays On Moral Realism" PDF, provided there aren't any copyright issues involved.

LKaven

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 05:12:22 pm »

We're just looking at the one article by Boyd, "How To Be A Moral Realist" (equally how to be a scientific realist).  The rest of the collection is good, but more oriented towards meta-ethics.  If we're just sharing it here for purposes of this discussion for a short time, then it should fall within Fair Use guidelines.  If you PM me with an email address, I'll send it along.

Ray

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 09:08:47 pm »

Ray, we've disagreed about many things over the years, but I do respect that you keep things reasonably civil even when we don't see eye to eye.

Good! Glad you agree.

To reinforce my point pictorially, all posters should try to refrain from the sorts of behaviour depicted by the Rhesus monkeys in attached images.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up