Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photographing of furnitures  (Read 1582 times)

W-mdude

Photographing of furnitures
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:31:40 am »

Hey,

I have an issue, problem, dilemma... I am normally only creating and designing websites for customers. But now I have taken on one of my cousins' website. He is setting up a business selling furniture. He is now away on a business trip to Hungary to buy some old lamps and other things from a WWII outlet. Meanwhile he was I away I was supposed to set up the site and photograph the objects he currently has. We also want to use the photos in the Wordpress theme we are running (site still under construction)...
The camera I am running is a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W30 which has been working perfectly fine, until now it seems. The pics are getting all blurry and I can't get to know how to fix it. I am in a relatively lighted garage and do not want to use the flash. I have a white sheet in the background for the objects, but I cant get good focus/sharpyness on the object. Sigh... All settings are set on max.
Last time I used the cam was this summer and then I did not have this issue.

Feedback, comments?

mbaginy

Re: Photographing of furnitures
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 12:20:58 pm »

It seems, that you'll not have bright daylight available - which is good.  You'll want to control the light (sources).  This means, you'll need a tripod.  Maybe the formerly blurry images will improve and be sharp.  The shutter speed will be longer (the shutter open for a longer time due to reduced light source).

You'll need to explain in more detail, what you mean with "all settings are set on max".  If you mean the aperture is set to wide open and the ISO setting to highest value, then you'll be missing quality for sure.

I see, that the Sony Cyber-shot will limit your ability to set aperture directly.  Try this: get a tripod, use an ISO setting of 100, use a standard setting (not landscape, portrait, sports or such) and activate the self timer.  Position the camera (on the tripod!) to the furniture is properly positioned.  and take a shot.  You'll have to shoot in jpg (maximum quality and now further color or sharpening adjustments).  A raw file will allow more adjustments in processing, so the image you take must be close to perfect.

Take a close look at the lighting.  Make such details you want to show are properly lit and shadow detail isn't missing where it may be important.  Make sure the background is neutral.  You'll need to adjust the focal length (wide angle or telephoto) according to the space available.  Take some shots of details.  But ALWAYS use a tripod & self timer!  Then it's simply shoot, view the image and adjust to get the best shot.  Your camera will be limiting you somewhat but it shouldn't be impossible to get pleasing results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up