Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Design Jet T 120  (Read 484 times)

enduser

HP Design Jet T 120
« on: February 24, 2015, 01:20:30 am »

Has anybody any experience or knowledge of this printer.  It's low-tech in some ways, with only three dye inks, but the black is pigment.  It's the black that interests me, for some art printing in b & w.

The art I want to print is almost line drawing style.  The machine has a couple of useful components.  It's wifi equipped, only one printhead at about $140 and carts aren't too expensive. It costs under $1,000 new.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil Indeblanc

Re: HP Design Jet T 120
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:06:32 pm »

In my experience HP has the deepest blacks.  For line stuff it should be great. Even gradients should be OK. Keep in mind that the Z series uses 4 inks to do black and white. My old HP 130 had one, and it did a decent job. The problems start when you see better prints to compare to, particularly the same image print.  For that, you might consider the old HP 130. I think they still have it for sale(At least I saw it last year). 130 is a 24" with 6 inks. It has a sheet feeder, NO wifi, and it has $20-25 pheads and $30-40 ink tanks.  When I purchased it year back it was about $1200. I see them on sale either barely used under $1000.  I'm not really comparing them, I just wanted to point out an option. HP likely doesn't support it. But if your familiar to inkjetting, I can see you be ok with that model and gain from the 6color set.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up