Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Against a Winter Sky  (Read 495 times)

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
Against a Winter Sky
« on: February 23, 2015, 02:44:55 pm »

Snowing in OKC today but last week was clear and bright so here are some young trees against a clear blue winter sky. Enjoy. Comments welcomed and appreciated.

KMRennie

Re: Against a Winter Sky
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:03:15 pm »

Sky colour looks a little OTT to me.
Ken

rgs

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 11:41:40 pm »

Well it is a bit intense - kind of like you sued to see from Kodachrome 25, but it was a very bright day and the camera was pointed almost straight up (10-22) so it's pretty much what I would expect. It may, however, be a bit too blue and need a touch of yellow to look normal. As I look at the image here, the sky at the bottom also seems a hair too light. I will probably burn that in just slightly in the future. Thanks for the comment - makes me think it through again and I appreciate that.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:43:20 pm by rgs »

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 03:44:41 am »

The colour does not do much for me in this shot. Have you tried B&W to enhance the organic-like patterns of the tree branches? Also, some of the tree trunks seem a bit overexposed?

rgs

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 02:48:07 pm »

The colour does not do much for me in this shot. Have you tried B&W to enhance the organic-like patterns of the tree branches? Also, some of the tree trunks seem a bit overexposed?

I am an old 4x5 zone system guy with lots of darkroom experience (both color and B&W) but I just don't care much for digital b&W. I've seen some that I like but mostly don't consider it something I want to do. You may be right about the tree trunks, this is an early edit and I've seen a couple of things I want to modify. Thanks for the comments. I always enjoy the work you post here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up