Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for stichers: Tranform form spherical full frame to cylindrical  (Read 901 times)

jsch

Hello,

I just want to convert at a time only one spherical full frame image (Lens Canon EF 8-15mm@15mm) to cylindrical projection. Actually I'm using Hugin, because it is free. But it has issues. I always have to load a second image before it starts to convert and it tends to crash and gives weird warnings on startup. I'm on OSX 10.9.5

A LR-Plugin which performs the task on a raw image would be ideal (it is allowed to dream). Any suggestions for a better, smoother working freeware? All my former software doesn't work on 10.9 (VR-Works, ...)

Thank you,
Johannes
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:57:17 am by jsch »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Question for stichers: Tranform form spherical full frame to cylindrical
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 09:28:37 am »

Hello,

I just want to convert at a time only one spherical full frame image (Lens Canon EF 8-15mm@15mm) to cylindrical projection. Actually I'm using Hugin, because it is free. But it has issues. I always have to load a second image before it starts to convert and it tends to crash and gives weird warnings on startup. I'm on OSX 10.9.5

Hi Johannes,

Sorry I can't help with the Mac version of Hugin, I'm on Windows and there it seems to work okay.

As an alternative, have you tried Digital Photo Professional from Canon? It at least allows to produce a rectilinear version of your files (within the limitations of FOV), by using the distortion correction function. But if you want to do it directly from fish-eye to cylindrical projection, you could try PTGUI (not free but very good).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

michaelbiondo

• http://michael@michaelbiondo.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 01:45:25 pm »

Not free but I love PTgui, fantastic on a Mac and very versatile
maybe there is a demo version that you can use that does not watermark the images?
MB

itsdoable

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 01:34:26 pm »

Re: Hugin: I'm not running OSX, but have you tried running the Command Line version for this conversion, the GUI is often (but not always) the source of the crashes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up