Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weirdness on new Epson R3000  (Read 654 times)

Rand47

Weirdness on new Epson R3000
« on: February 20, 2015, 09:17:30 pm »

I'm an experienced printer (use LR print module).  I just replaced an Epson R3000 with a new one (old one had a terminal illness).  The new printer has a margin bias of .05 inches.  In other words, if I "float" an image on a piece of paper and have equal left and right margins (portraint orientation) there is a "right margin bias" of + 0.05" which is just enough to be visibly noticeable.  Arrrgghhh....    I've dialed in the appropriate compensation, but am irritated that I need to do this.  In landscape orientation, obviously, the bias adjsutment is top/bottom.  I've checked every conceiveable driver / LR print parameter to make sure I didn't do something myself.

I've never had this problem with any Epson printer I've ever owned.  Any of you ever experience anything similar? I should note that in all other respects the printer is working flawlessly.

Rand
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:21:00 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

dwswager

Re: Weirdness on new Epson R3000
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:32:15 pm »

I'm an experienced printer (use LR print module).  I just replaced an Epson R3000 with a new one (old one had a terminal illness).  The new printer has a margin bias of .05 inches.  In other words, if I "float" an image on a piece of paper and have equal left and right margins (portraint orientation) there is a "right margin bias" of + 0.05" which is just enough to be visibly noticeable.  Arrrgghhh....    I've dialed in the appropriate compensation, but am irritated that I need to do this.  In landscape orientation, obviously, the bias adjsutment is top/bottom.  I've checked every conceiveable driver / LR print parameter to make sure I didn't do something myself.

I've never had this problem with any Epson printer I've ever owned.  Any of you ever experience anything similar? I should note that in all other respects the printer is working flawlessly.

Rand

From what tray are you printing from?  If manual feed, check the skew check is on.

Does this appear in print preview or only on the final print?  Assume you are using the correct paper size.  Epson will say that a couple mm is within tolerances.  Make sure you have the latest driver for your OS.

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 10:46:51 pm »

From what tray are you printing from?  If manual feed, check the skew check is on.

Does this appear in print preview or only on the final print?  Assume you are using the correct paper size.  Epson will say that a couple mm is within tolerances.  Make sure you have the latest driver for your OS.

Everything in the LR print module looks fine.  Print preview looks fine.  Only shows up on the print itself.
Yup, Skew check is on (that's default and I also confirmed that is is on).  Manual feed (I will test the fine art feed to see if the bias is the same, and report back).  Latest driver version is installed.  (Win 7 Pro)

The good news is that for the most part, this is irrelevant.  It is only when I'm making folio prints for clients that absolutely precise image cell placement is critical.  I've created print presets to compensate.  I was just curious if others have seen this.

Thanks for the response.
Rand
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:53:25 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

dwswager

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 10:37:40 am »

Everything in the LR print module looks fine.  Print preview looks fine.  Only shows up on the print itself.
Yup, Skew check is on (that's default and I also confirmed that is is on).  Manual feed (I will test the fine art feed to see if the bias is the same, and report back).  Latest driver version is installed.  (Win 7 Pro)

The good news is that for the most part, this is irrelevant.  It is only when I'm making folio prints for clients that absolutely precise image cell placement is critical.  I've created print presets to compensate.  I was just curious if others have seen this.

Thanks for the response.
Rand

A couple years ago, some guys using Aperture were having this problem and Epson emailed them a link to a new driver (believe version 9, assume for Macs) and that seemed to solve it.

Rand47

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 04:35:08 pm »

A couple years ago, some guys using Aperture were having this problem and Epson emailed them a link to a new driver (believe version 9, assume for Macs) and that seemed to solve it.

Thanks again... I double checked with the driver's own "check for updates" and am getting that I have the latest driver installed.  For now my compensation calculations are working OK.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up