Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 5.7 - Sluggish screen scroll in adjustments  (Read 938 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
LR 5.7 - Sluggish screen scroll in adjustments
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:43:54 am »

I was curious whether others suffered this problem, or if it's particular to my system. I don't necessarily have the hottest system around, but nor is it a dog. I have a home-built PC with 32GB of RAM, an AMD FX-9590 (lightly over-clocked), and a Radeon R9 280X-DC2 (also lightly tweaked).I've had this issue since at least the days of LR4.

My problem is when I'm editing images within Lightroom (and only LR, as opposed to PS, etc.). When I use a local adjustment brush, or the clone/heal tool, and I hold the space key to bring up the hand to scroll to another part of the image, The image just floats across the screen, not stopping when I stop. It's slow to pan and scroll as well. (Not quite the same issue if I use the mini-preview box to move around the image, but I normally don't have that panel open.) Yet when I am out of the adjustment, say just viewing at 1:1, and I do the same action, it moves normally and scrolls quickly without the "float". Hopefully I've described this in a way to make it clear. Oh, and it is the same whether I use my Logitech mouse or my Wacom tablet.

Anyone else with this issue?

Nemo

AFairley

Re: LR 5.7 - Sluggish screen scroll in adjustments
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 11:44:38 am »

I sometimes have pan issues at 1:1 or higher in the spot adjustment window, slow or it won't toggle to the hand.  Intermittent and I have no idea why.

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Re: LR 5.7 - Sluggish screen scroll in adjustments
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:52:29 am »

I sometimes have pan issues at 1:1 or higher in the spot adjustment window, slow or it won't toggle to the hand.  Intermittent and I have no idea why.

Unfortunately, my issues aren't intermittent. It's any time I'm viewing 1:1 with the adjustment brushes or clone tool and use the hand toolt (space bar) to move around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up