Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: business cards  (Read 606 times)

davidgriffith

business cards
« on: February 18, 2015, 11:41:27 am »

Can anyone recommend a good printer for business cards? I've good a photo on the front that requires some careful printing that I'm going to be a finicky about.

Suggestions?

David 

Phil Indeblanc

Re: business cards
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 12:15:50 pm »

where are you located?

Most online printers will make it harder to be "finicky about" it.

I do a lot of printing. Maybe if you explain and show what you need, I can give you an idea of what you can expect.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

davidgriffith

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 01:02:12 pm »

I'm in Toronto. I've had my image printed offset years ago and it looked quite good. I've just tried to print digitally and the dark areas of the image have turned quite muddy.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 01:11:44 pm »

they are almost all "offset", but they are not optimized and printed for each image.  Your file maybe the issue ?
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

davidgriffith

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 01:14:22 pm »

the file was a drum scanned 6x7 original transperancy. hard to say where the breakdown occured

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 01:34:38 pm »

You can't swing a cat without hitting a business card printing outfit online who'll do it dirt cheap and good, so why not pick out 5 of these printers and purchase a minimum order using the same image and pick the best. Or see if they'll supply a print proof first.

Some of these places charge as little as $10 for 500 BC's.

In my situation I just do on demand printing on a $50 Epson NX330 "All In One" bought at Walmart on 11.8 mil thick Epson Ultra Premium Glossy. Near perfect print match. I cut them up with a utility razor and steel ruler. The paper isn't as thick as commercial BC stock but ten fit nicely in my wallet without bulking it up and I can gang a variety of images of my choosing on an 8/12x11 sheet with my contact info of my own design made in Photoshop.

I found my local OfficeMax's print & copy center farms out BC's to a pretty good digital printer from what I could see from their print samples.
Pages: [1]   Go Up