Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blending Question  (Read 3706 times)

Windy

Blending Question
« on: January 10, 2006, 06:27:34 pm »

Can Photoshop Elements 3.0 be used in the digital blending procedures described by Mickael in his article Understanding Digital Blending or is the full blown Photoshop required?

DarkPenguin

Blending Question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 07:52:47 pm »

You can blend exposures with PSE.  The eraser version works just fine.  But if you need a mask you'll have to hunt down a way to get one.  (I think you just add in a level adjustment layer and use its mask.)

Windy

Blending Question
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 08:33:04 pm »

You can blend exposures with PSE.  The eraser version works just fine.  But if you need a mask you'll have to hunt down a way to get one.  (I think you just add in a level adjustment layer and use its mask.)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55669\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Many thanks but since I am new to this I need to ask you what you mean by The eraser?

DarkPenguin

Blending Question
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 08:50:45 pm »

One method of blending is to stack your two layers and then use the eraser to erase away portions of the top layer to show the layer underneath.  Simpler than using a layer mask.  More of a pain.

Windy

Blending Question
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 01:05:21 pm »

One method of blending is to stack your two layers and then use the eraser to erase away portions of the top layer to show the layer underneath.  Simpler than using a layer mask.  More of a pain.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=55678\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your help, I will try what you suggested
Pages: [1]   Go Up