Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe drives me nuts  (Read 2151 times)

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
Adobe drives me nuts
« on: February 13, 2015, 12:30:17 pm »

Hello,

you don't believe what happened today :

Because I have a subscription for the cloudversion of PhotoShop and Lightroom, I decided to sell my last PhotoShop update CS6. I found a customer who already owns PhotoShop CS5 full version so, as I thought, all prerequisites are applied.
I found the process of transfering licenses by Adobe. First you will have to open a ticket, then fill some documents, send them to Adobe and within 2 or 3 weeks, the license has been transferred officially. That what I thought, but it became completely different.

I called Adobe support and the guy explained to me that it is impossible to sell an update version !

The only way to sell it is to sell the complete series of Adobe PhotoShop updates I own  back to PhotoShop 6 which was my initial full prodruct. I ansered that my customer already owns a full product. The supported checked my customer's Adobe account and found that he already owns CS5, but, nevertheless, it is impossible to sell just the update. I received the advice that I should sell all my PS products by filling just 3 forms, then ask my customer to resell all products up to CS6 back to me, surely again by filling several forms and opening another ticket at support.

Really strange is, that when yo ead the prerequisites of Adobe about selling software, you will not find any information that it is not possible to sell updates. The supported of Adobe confirmed to me that this is just an internal advice of the administration of Adobe which cannot be found in any of their documents.

Adobe, what in hell are you doing with your customer !

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Paul Gessler

Re: Adobe drives me nuts
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 04:07:22 pm »

What about here?

The transfer of a license includes all versions of that product. If you sell or donate your registered copy of an Adobe product license, then you transfer your rights to all versions of that license as well.

Seems pretty clear to me that individual versions may not be transferred.

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
Re: Adobe drives me nuts
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 04:47:06 pm »

What about here?

Seems pretty clear to me that individual versions may not be transferred.

That's not the Point : Full versions can be transferred without any problem. But, what I do not understand, why can't I transfer an update license to another person who owns all former licenses which meet all requirements for using the update ? and in case of Adobe, all licenses are visible to Adobe, so they are able to check if all requirements are fulfilled.
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '
Pages: [1]   Go Up