Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF6300 Canon PF-05 print head issue after installing  (Read 2835 times)

cengell

Canon IPF6300 Canon PF-05 print head issue after installing
« on: February 12, 2015, 03:21:09 pm »

Hello all, I just purchased a new Canon PF-05 print head and just installed it last night 2-11-2015 and after the head was installed it did a refill of the head and when that was done as I had Canon roll paper installed it did the alignments and finished fine ready, so I did a nozzle test and 1 of the nozzle boxes looked odd so it looks like it's not aligned.

I did 2 cleanings and redone the nozzle test with the same results, so today I scanned it at high res and can see many rows are doubled (Please see pic) I am not sure any Canon alignments will fix like the other nozzle boxes as they are perfect on the same head.

I have sent pics to who I purchased it from as it was sealed and not opened, any thoughts or has anyone seen this on there Canon PF-05 heads?

Thank you for helping.
Christopher

DigitalSteve

• http://www.vibrantcanvas.com
Re: Canon IPF6300 Canon PF-05 print head issue after installing
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 02:36:38 am »

2/14/15 I can't see the picture. PM it to me if possible and I will take a look.
2/15/15 Today the picture loads..hmmm.  Odd  pattern for sure, like something is on one nozzle row that is deflecting the ink. Maybe the head snuck thru quality control. Canon should replace it. A shame you had to waste all that ink.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:24:14 pm by DigitalSteve »

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 09:57:53 pm »

Have never seen quite that kind of pattern, but it's in the ballpark.  Call up Canon and they will probably overnight a new head at their expense, if they can't tell you how to fix it.  Canon phone support is fast and amazingly easy.  BTW the one year warranty on the heads starts from the date of purchase on the receipt, not from the day of installation.

Some Guy

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 10:15:52 pm »

This looks more like the head struck the paper and skewed it.  Paper maybe slipped in the rollers?

SG

MHMG

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 06:39:22 pm »

I had a very similar "double line" nozzle check pattern a while back on my ipF8300 which I couldn't clear. I don't recall the deviant rows like you have, but definitely the double lines. My iPF8300 heads had been in service for some time, but not with a lot of mileage on them and the printer was not reporting any error codes. Without any error codes, I didn't know what to do, so I spoke to Canon support, and the tech guy concluded I had a bad right head in the printer.  I wasn't offered a free one, but fair enough, my bad one was nearly two years old, I replaced the head, and the problem was fully corrected.

My guess is that even though this head is new, it's most likely defective right out of the box. They can tell you how to read out its total drop count stats and also elapsed time from installation date, and from those figures it should be clear how new (or old) the head is.  If relatively new, I think Canon will simply send you a replacement free of charge.

If it turns out to be something else, I'd be real interested in learning how your issue got resolved.

good luck,

mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:41:36 pm by MHMG »

cengell

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 07:51:21 pm »

Hello all, thanks for the replies. it's not the paper issue as I used others and get the same issue, and it's just the GREY nozzles as the others are 100% fine.

The seller wants me to remove and return to provide a warranty but won't that cause the point where the head connects to the incoming ink line dry out if it's a week or more? I don't have the head that was there, and won't this also stop the head cleaning?

What do think? I don't find anything in the Canon manuals so far about not having a print head installed in each slot. I attached a full nozzle test.

Thanks
Christopher

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:36 pm »

If you're in the US and the head is less than 1 year from purchase, call Canon support directly.  You shouldn't deal with the supplier on this issue.  Canon will probably overnight a head at no cost to you, then once you receive it you return the one you still have in the same box using the prepaid label.  In the one case where I had a store-bought head fail, they only asked for a serial number of the head, the date of purchase, and the supplier's name.  The head warranty extends 1 year from purchase, not from installation.

Would absolutely not recommend removing a head for more than the 1/2 minute it takes to install a new one.  There are ink lines that will dry and many, many electrical contacts to get smeared and dirty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up