Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1PRO 8.1.1: Revisiting "Synchronize Folder" Issue  (Read 4986 times)

ronaldnztan

• Ronald N. Z. Tan Photography
C1PRO 8.1.1: Revisiting "Synchronize Folder" Issue
« on: February 07, 2015, 04:10:43 pm »

Hello,

Thank you for reading my post. I'd like to know, if any of the Windows 8.1 C1PRO 8.1.1 users are experiencing any oddities, when using the "Sync Folder" command?

For me, suppose I exported a single TIFF file into a folder called "Output." Inside my Output folder, resides my project folders and additional TIFF files that I have yet to organize. When invoking the Sync Folder for C1PRO 8.1.1 to detect that single file change, takes about 10 minutes! I've repeated the experiment with LR 5.7.X and LR detected that single change and rendered the preview in under 1 minute!

Currently, the oddity I've reported since 26th October 2014 has been assign Case #154580.

I should mention, despite this oddity, I still professionally recommend the software to process your RAW files. As a working photographer, I feel—this oddity is unacceptable. I'm no stranger to C1PRO. I've been using this since version 3.7.8 in 2008.

Best in health and warmest wishes,

Ronald N. Tan

ronaldnztan

• Ronald N. Z. Tan Photography
Re: C1PRO 8.1.1: Revisiting "Synchronize Folder" Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 05:04:30 pm »

No one on Windows 8.1 experienced this oddity issue? My computer is from Hewlett Packard and the only thing changed is an installation of second hard drive. Adding hard drives these days is like changing a lightbulb, you really can't get it wrong, unless something is terribly, terribly, wrong with you.

Here is a schematic of my "Output Folder." I didn't check the "Include Known Sub Folders," because I didn't want C1PRO to look into those folders and only keep the scope to check the Uncategorized TIFFS.

Output (120 GB Total)
-BEAUTY (2 TIFFS, 978 MB)
-DEFIANCE (32 Folders, 177 TIFFS, 28.1 GB)
-LOOKBOOK (16 TIFFS, 3.43 GB)
-MEN'S FASHION (30 TIFFS, 13.5 GB)
-MR. BOLLYWOOD (36 TIFFS, 9.59 GB)
-PEOPLE (21 TIFFS, 4.44 GB)
-PORTRAITURE (29 TIFFS, 8.18 GB)
-PUBLICATIONS (11 Folders, 117 TIFFS, 14.3 GB)
-CELEBRITIES (3 Folders, 28 TIFFS, 6.02 GB)
-Uncategorized (94 TIFFS, 30.5 GB)

For example, unless the TIFF is a client file, I typically have the TIFF(S) as uncategorized. If you try following my workflow, I just export a TIFF and it goes into the Output folder as an uncategorized. I open that newly exported TIFF into PS and finished it. Now, I want C1PRO 8.1.1. to see that new TIFF in my referenced catalog. I right click on the Output folder and *uncheck* the "Include Known Sub Folders." There is a HUGE delay around 8-10 minutes for C1PRO 8.1.1 to detect that new TIFF.

Do you think a video of me experiencing the oddity will help you repeat the experiment on your end?

Right now, C1 Tech Support is helping me figure it out and the team can't reproduce the consistent oddity with the "Sync" command. I'm pushing and rooting for this feature, because:

1) It's a new advertised feature in C1PRO 8.

AND

2) I find it immensely USEFUL to my workflow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up