Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Transcoding  (Read 6492 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Video Transcoding
« on: February 07, 2015, 09:33:14 am »

I have some long videos that I need to post online. The videos were shot at 720 JPG and I want to post them as H.264. After trimming the videos in Lr, I am transcoding them using the Lr export. This is being done very slowly. My question is about this transcoding.

A few years ago, I sat in on an Intel presentation where they compared the native transcoding features of the Sandy Bridge CPUs (2nd generation Core-i) to a very powerful video card. The Core-i CPUs were far faster than the video card.

My computer has an i7-3770 CPU (3rd generation Core-i) and it should transcode quickly. I also have a low end video card, which is not really necessary, but it does speed up Photoshop for some features. Does the presence of this video card disable the transcoding features in the CPU? If so, for this work, I would be better off to take the video card out of the system.

Comments?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up