Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson SureLab SL-D700 - Tips and Tricks  (Read 4088 times)

dtsiapas

• http://www.tsiapas.com
Epson SureLab SL-D700 - Tips and Tricks
« on: February 07, 2015, 08:40:17 am »

I just bought the Epson SureLab SL-D700 and I noticed that when sending single prints to the printer it cuts 4 slices of paper of about 0.7cm and after the print is out it cuts another slice of paper about 0.7cm. This is repeated for each single print you send to the printer and it not very efficient especially for small prints in terms of paper consumption.

It is much better in terms of efficiency to send (spool) multiple prints together so it cuts 4 slices only for the first print plus 1 slice after each sequential spooled print.

Paul Roark

Re: Epson SureLab SL-D700 - Tips and Tricks
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 11:56:50 am »

I could only speculate that they are cutting off the excess top and bottom margins needed to avoid microbanding.

I was curious if Epson had corrected its material data safety sheets, which a year ago mistakenly characterized the UltraChrome D6 black ink as a carbon black.  It is not.  It's a dye like Claria.  I had an exchange with Epson a year ago that resulted in my getting what appeared to be a corrected MSDS, but I see the one claiming the D6 black is carbon is still on the web.  My write-up of the issue is at http://www.paulroark.com/BW-Info/UltraChrome-D6-Noritsu-blacks-compared.pdf .

While I am a proponent of 100% carbon printing for black and white due to its longevity, I also use the Epson dyes due to the unique look, particularly on metallic papers.

FWIW,

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 04:42:07 pm »

"Proprietary organic materials - 5-10%" - I wonder if those are animal derived ingredients, not sure vegans would like that ;)
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 02:26:30 pm »

I just bought the Epson SureLab SL-D700 and I noticed that when sending single prints to the printer it cuts 4 slices of paper of about 0.7cm and after the print is out it cuts another slice of paper about 0.7cm. This is repeated for each single print you send to the printer and it not very efficient especially for small prints in terms of paper consumption.
pretty typical of most production printers when producing full bleed images, they slightly overprint the image then cut a “slug” from between the prints to get to final size which trims into the image slightly to achieve the “borderless” edge.  The leading edge may require more because the printer probably requires a minimum amount of material to start each print for gripping. I’m not sure why they cut this in 4 thin slices instead of a single wider cut, unless it’s something to do with the cutter mechanics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up