Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ink Cartridge Error - replace ink cartridge Epson pro 9800  (Read 3602 times)

Torbien

Ink Cartridge Error - replace ink cartridge Epson pro 9800
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:40:36 am »

OK, I am new here at the forum. I have searched answer in the forum but not found for specific this model.

I have this problem with the Photo Black/Matte ink cartridge.(5th from the left). I have tried to replace it with a new one. It didn't work at the beginning, then suddenly it worked for a few hours. Now I am back at square one.
Have any one any clue what to I should do. I spoke to a repair guy and he didn't have a clue...He had helped someone with similar problem, but never got to understand what he did. He basically changed everything that was relevant, without success. Then they bought eight new ink cartridges and suddenly it worked. He invoiced 20.000 Swedish kronor (corresponds to 2.400USD)+ what the ink cartridge costs. I do not think that is worth it.

I have updated the firmware to the latest.

Running from Mac +Maverick

Please Help

Garnick

Re: Ink Cartridge Error - replace ink cartridge Epson pro 9800
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 09:43:20 am »

OK, I am new here at the forum. I have searched answer in the forum but not found for specific this model.

I have this problem with the Photo Black/Matte ink cartridge.(5th from the left). I have tried to replace it with a new one. It didn't work at the beginning, then suddenly it worked for a few hours. Now I am back at square one.
Have any one any clue what to I should do. I spoke to a repair guy and he didn't have a clue...He had helped someone with similar problem, but never got to understand what he did. He basically changed everything that was relevant, without success. Then they bought eight new ink cartridges and suddenly it worked. He invoiced 20.000 Swedish kronor (corresponds to 2.400USD)+ what the ink cartridge costs. I do not think that is worth it.

I have updated the firmware to the latest.

Running from Mac +Maverick

Please Help

I'm a bit confused by what you wrote.  Is it the Photo Black or the Matte Black cartridge that you are having problems with?  Second question -- how long have you owned this printer and has this always been a problem?  There could be a number of reasons for this.  Possibly a bad chip on the cart or a bad or dirty connector on the printer.  One thing you could do is remove that cart and wipe the chip carefully with a lint free towel.  Take notice of the condition of the chip and determine if there is any visible damage.  If the problem is printer related I would suggest you call Epson Service and discuss this issue with them.  If they determine this to be a cart problem they will likely send a new cart.  The fact that you mentioned that the cart seems to work intermittently leads me to believe the problem is cart related.  However, with the movement of the printer while printing and loading/unloading roll paper, it could also be a bad connector on the printer.  Unfortunately, unless you find someone who has experienced this first hand it's one of those issues that might be difficult to track down on your own.  A service call might be your only recourse here.  

Gary
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:47:28 am by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Torbien

Re: Ink Cartridge Error - replace ink cartridge Epson pro 9800
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 05:30:01 pm »

Thank you, gary.

Yeah, it is really hard to understand what the problem is. It seems it's an odd problem. But I might have come up with a solution....

What I did after I wrote my question on the forum, was to down load an Service manual from www.2manual.com and read the related pages.
I took down the right-hand side where the ink problem set and cleaned everything very carefully. Put the machine together and managed to get it to start. Not directly, but in the end. Then I did a nozzle check and new pen head's attitude. New nozzle check. Now I have managed to print from both reel and sheets in about 2 hours. I keep my fingers crossed that I succeeded and that it was a cleaning needed.
Well I have owned it since 2010 when I bought it from a school. So it has been used quite a lot, but has been well serviced and I have never had a problem before.

Manual was much needed. I can recommend everyone to get one for their own model (They seem to have all brands). It is apparently the same as the service technicians using and it only cost 11 USD.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:33:05 pm by Torbien »
Pages: [1]   Go Up