Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trial of CS6 Extended not requested  (Read 14128 times)

davidh202

Trial of CS6 Extended not requested
« on: February 05, 2015, 11:39:23 pm »

Has this happened to anyone else?
I just tried to open my licensed version of CS6 and kept getting a notice that I needed to sign in to open my "Trial" version of CS6 Extended that I did not request ! I was told by Adobe support Chat that I should sign in then got cut off when I asked if I was going to be charged extra -I did sign in and Photoshop CS6 opened and what appears as my regular CS6 with all my settings and presets is still there, but I now have the Extended features added.

Is this an automatic upgrade? and if this indeed a "trial" how long is it ? There was no additional info to tell me what this was all about!! confused to say the least and I do not need Extended.
Will my version of CS6 revert back when the trial is over and I do not wish to pay any additional charges?
Thanks,
 David

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Re: Trial of CS6 Extended not requested
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:07:26 am »

Just this morning I spent the hours between midnight and 02:30 with an Adobe support person in India crawling around inside my Win 7 computer to find out why I was suddenly locked out of my CC account AND my store-bought CS6 AND my store-bought Lightroom!  Trying to launch any of those got me either a "$29.95" offer screen or a login request that always failed.

And yes, when things finally got fixed my CS6 signed on as "Extended."  I was so tired by that point that I asked no questions.

In my case, the CC Desktop Application had wigged out, was not updating itself or anything else, and needed to be replaced.  It wasn't easy!  Finally it turned out to be a file named "opm" in Local/Adobe/OOBE that was messed up, but there were Adobe processes and services running that prevented its easy deletion.  Adobe owes me something for this.  Maybe I should have taken the $29.95 offer.

Edit: Oh yes!  If anybody has the Storagecraft backup software running on their computers, be aware it has a component .exe file named "Imageready" that will cause a Photoshop install error when you are asked to "close Imageready" which is of course the name of an Adobe Photoshop related program.  Very difficult to get around this without deactivating your Storagecraft license, uninstalling Storagecraft, installing Photoshop, then (if you want) reinstalling Storagecraft.  Yikes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:12:14 am by bill t. »

davidh202

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:21:19 am »

Bill, I was also getting the $29.95 offer!
 I am now getting a pop up asking if I want to continue the "trial" or license the software. Adobe chat cut me off with no real help as to how to proceed, and if there will be additional charges for accepting "extended"
otherwise all my settings ,presets, and plug ins all are still there.
I do not have CC
David
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:24:56 am by davidh202 »

bill t.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:15:29 am »

Get Mr. Raghu on Chat support.  Problem is, the first levels of Chat support work from scripts that are so pedantic it's painful, and you'll be asked to change your password and other useless stuff.  Raghu was the third guy in line and finally had the right moves.

Next time I'm going to forget Chat and get somebody on the phone.  The phone center has US business hours.  Painfully slow process working through the remote screen thing.  Was like talking to somebody 10 light-minutes away on Mars, and we all know what that's like.

davidh202

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 11:37:48 am »

Interesting...
This has not happened on my work computer this morning (yet), only my home computer last night.

I posed the same question on the Adobe forum and was told to just OK the License and I should be good to go!
Hope that works with no hassle!
David

davidh202

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 07:01:58 pm »

OK- for anyone else experiencing this unexplainable phenomenon (and I use that word lightly)!
First if you cannot open Photoshop at all and get the Continue with Trial Dialogue Box ..click continue. Then once you are able to open Photoshop,  go to the 'help' dropdown menu and look for License this product, or if you get a POP UP dialogue box asking to either continue the trial or License the product, choose License and enter your original CS6 license registration # and the program will, (should) revert back to your original CS6.
 I found this out purely by accident and experimentation.
It is virtually impossible to contact a human by phone at Adobe , and the chat people (outsourced to India), were a waste of time!!!
I am absolutely PISSED OFF at Adobe for pulling this little stunt and wasting my time!!!!!!!

BTW: if you don't know your serial# go to the Adobe site sign in and look for it under your purchased products in your account info.

David
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:26:47 pm by davidh202 »

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 11:12:35 am »

BTW: if you don't know your serial# go to the Adobe site sign in and look for it under your purchased products in your account info.

David

Always keep either a hard copy or an electronic file in text format of all the serial numbers for every program you have installed.  You can keep the e-file on your phone or tablet.  You never know when you will need them either in a case like this one or when you have to do a full install because of a crash.  In addition, I have every Adobe program installers backed up as well so that it's easy to reinstall without having to go to the Adobe website and download them.  This is useful as I still maintain some CS4 programs.

davidh202

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 10:15:54 pm »

Alan,
I do in fact have all my program downloads, serials, and installers backed up in two places I was just advising people who may not ;-)

bill t.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 10:29:02 pm »

The last thing with a serial number on my Adobe account page is CS6.  CC uses a subtler scheme not fully privy to the masses.

sniper

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 11:20:32 am »

This is a crazy idea, altering software that we use for business without asking or an option to op out of trials. Even worse when the so called helpline is a farce.

davidh202

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 06:17:13 pm »

This is a crazy idea, altering software that we use for business without asking or an option to op out of trials. Even worse when the so called helpline is a farce.

The worst of it was that I had no warning, idea, or explanation, as to why I could not open my licensed copy of Photoshop CS6 that I have been using for over 3 years, (only getting a Trial Dialogue Box with no opt out),  not sure how to proceed, and no directions on what would happen as far as additional fees if I did choose to license the trial,  how long the trial was for, to continue with the trial, or if I would ever see my copy of CS6 again! To compound the issue ever further the Dialogue box that was opening was an ad for $29.95 to upgrade to the "Cloud",  that said nothing about  Photoshop.
It was like the old opening lines from the vintage Outer Limits TV show..."There is nothing wrong with your TV, Do not try to adjust your TV, we have taken control of the transmission...
I find it amazing that Adobe has the power to essentially hack my computer.
It is also fascinating to me that earlier in the day, I was notified by Norton Security Suite, that a malware intrusion was detected on my Internet connection,  IE11 was closed down for protection, and I would need to re set my Home Page, since they could not do that for me .
Coincidence... I think not!

oh yes and the "Help Lines". don't even get me started on that subject!!!!.....

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:10:34 pm by davidh202 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up