Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic LX 100  (Read 16519 times)

HSway

• Sunwaysite
Panasonic LX 100
« on: February 04, 2015, 02:12:10 am »

This Panasonic/Lumix is The brand that has become a distinct asset in photographic equipment. They started first having the edge and they keep it on. Impressive.

one iota

Re: Panasonic LX 100
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 05:10:51 pm »

I bought the LX100 for my recent trip to Cuba. The Canon DSLRs and their lenses had a rest for a few weeks. It was great to not look like a big game photographer although plenty of that type were spotted. I agree with Michael's use of the "Goldilocks" appellation.

Michael underplayed the EVF on the LX100. This was one of the reasons I chose this camera over others. We also took our Sony RX100 and my partner put this to good use. However I prefer to use a view finder and being new to EVFs I was very impressed with the Lumix's.

Now that my software supports the LX100 I'm enjoying working with the raw files:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128911965@N08/sets/72157648323188503/

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:45:02 pm by one iota »
Mahn England

HSway

• Sunwaysite
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:07:27 pm »

First I was about to get Panasonic for my compact camera some time ago.
Then the troubles with the shutter vibrations and image stabilization interacting were brought up in the forum. These things progressed with Olympus and Panasonic since. I ended up with Sony system. The Sony gave me compatibly with another brand telephoto, which includes IS function, and it had the Touit 32 which for my preferred apertures with this lens has no equal (especially great at f2.2 - f4/5.6 for all usual aspects of IQ). The NEX 6 that I am using would make use of improvements but I am patient. Camera coming after a6000 looks like the upgrade.
I still admire Panasonic for having the edge in camera manufacturing so continually.

AS1

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 03:59:14 pm »

I agree the LX100 is a great camera, it has a great "feel".
I have had two but returned both as I couldn't believe how much the sharpness falls off away from the center. The center is really sharp, but half way out in every direction it gets very soft and "stretched" out feeling...
All in all I was disappointed with the lens (although in M Reichman's review he seems to love it!)

Anyone else have experience with the lens quality?
Pages: [1]   Go Up