Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alt media type for Epson HPB  (Read 626 times)

howardm

Alt media type for Epson HPB
« on: February 01, 2015, 10:54:28 am »

I'd like to be able to make prints on Epson's HPB paper in small (less than US Letter) sizes but the rear
feed of 3880 has a minimum 8.5x11 size requirement. 

Has anyone tried using the Auto top feed (which the driver requires you to select Presentation Matte or Ultra Prem. Pres. Matte (or a couple of other proofing papers) as the media type)?  If so, what media type tended to work best?  Any downside to doing this (I'll make my own profile for this)?

hugowolf

Re: Alt media type for Epson HPB
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 08:19:26 pm »

I haven’t run Epson’s hot and cold pressed papers through the top sheet feeder, but I have used Canson Rag Photographique 310 and Hahnemühle Photo Rag 308 through it with no problems.  It isn’t much less of a straight feed path than the rear-manual feed.

I probably used Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte, but with the paper thickness increased to 4. The hot and cold pressed Epson papers may be thicker, so I would probably go with a paper thickness of 5.

I end up with strips of 4, 5, and 6 inches of paper from larger sheets and rolls, and the top sheet feeder is the only one that will take them.

Brian A

howardm

Re: Alt media type for Epson HPB
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 11:46:18 am »

Thanks.  Yes, I settled on Ultra Prem Pres. Matte as teh media type.  Have yet to scan the targets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up