Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ethiopia Any Suggestions  (Read 3519 times)

Kathy

Ethiopia Any Suggestions
« on: February 01, 2015, 10:53:16 am »

We are travelling to Ethiopia ( north of Addis Ababa) in April. We will include Gondar, Simien Mountains, Lalibela. Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome as it is our first trip there.
Many Thanks
Kathy

spidermike

Re: Ethiopia Any Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 12:42:33 pm »

I recently came across this thread which may be of interest.

http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/advice-and-recommendations-for-tour-to-erta-ale--ethopia--108356

Even if the destination may not be in the same area the advice may be pertinent.

Kathy

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 12:30:35 pm »

Thanks Spidemike. It may be a different area but it was useful. It does confirm our decision to go with an experienced photographer who has been working with local people for several years. Also we are spending a few days in each areas rather than grabbing a shot in passing.

Praki

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:48:17 pm »

Check this place out for various tours. I'll be there in May and am investigating this group for a three week tour.
http://www.ethiopiantour.com/

Kathy

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 12:32:19 pm »

Hi Praki
Thanks for the contact details. We have now decided on our plans. We are a very small group of just 3 with English photographer Gail Ward, her website is Responsible Photography. I will be too late to be of help to you as we get back on May 1st but if I get the opportunity I will post during our trip. This is the first time to Ethiopia so I am traveling with an open mind and a willingness to grasp every opportunity. We have just 2 weeks so are limiting travel to the North. 

Kathy

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 05:42:29 am »

Just an update on Ethiopia, we had a fabulous trip. It is an amazing country, our trip was limited to a relatively small area North of Addis Ababa. It is a challenge to capture the feeling of the place in a short trip. There is history, culture and landscape to absorb and all at 8,000ft or higher. The people are wonderful generous and interested in the opinion of those travelling through their country.  Because of a very busy summer I have not properly processed any images but as fall is a good time to visit I thought I would share a few travelogue images.

Praki I hope your trip was as enjoyable as ours. Kathy
Pages: [1]   Go Up