Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Mac Need help with a basic task  (Read 1899 times)

huguito

New to Mac Need help with a basic task
« on: January 30, 2015, 04:06:04 pm »

Hi
I just had this Imac for a very short time, before only had used windows.

I find that when I am working in Camera Raw, either in a raw, Tiff or Jpeg, the RGB numbers are not updating as the cursor is change to one point on the image to another. I always read the RGB numbers as I am editing to figure what to do in certain areas of the image regarding Hue and saturation so this behavior is very annoying.

I have double checked settings and preferences and nothing seem different or unusual.

Since I can't find what's the problem, I plan to uninstall and do a fresh install of Photoshop since I can't find the cause.

My question;  How do you uninstall Photoshop in a Mac making sure software and all related files are completely gone before re installing fresh? I have the Adobe subscription so I will be re installing from the Adobe Creative Cloud site.

howardm

Re: New to Mac Need help with a basic task
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 04:28:50 pm »

I've never heard of that specific problem but make sure the ACR window is front and active (the red-yellow-green balls in the upper left corner of the ACR window are red-yellow-green (not light gray).

Anyway, if you go into the Applications folder and drill down to Photoshop, there will be an Uninstaller there.

kirkt

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 06:43:23 pm »

You can manage your CC applications from the CC Desktop app. Go the the Applications list, hover over the Photoshop app in the list and a gear icon should appear.  Click on it, and the uninstall option should be listed in the drop down menu.

kirk

howardm

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:23:14 am »

Wow, I totally missed teh 'Cloud' part of that problem statement  :'(

huguito

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 09:27:00 pm »

I deleted Photoshop and bridge and reinstalled them from the adobe cloud link.
Now, when I am editing a file in Camera Raw, the rgb numbers are updating to show the value of the pixel under the cursor, just as it should be

Hugo
Pages: [1]   Go Up